Need an "Enter transaction to register" button

AzGold
AzGold Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I love the "pending transactions" information, but it sucks that I have to manually enter the data to the account. Like many people, I enter all the transactions I remember so that when a "match" occurs later I don't have to review them a second time. The "Pending" has been a great help when I don't have a receipt for whatever reason.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I assume this is when using the Downloaded Transactions tab, because if using the mode where the transactions go directly into the register, the person can change a pending transaction into a manually entered one.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs Quicken Mac Subscription SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

@AzGold I am guessing you're talking about Quicken Windows? This was posted as a feature request for Quicken Mac, but we can have a moderator move it if you confirm you're using Quicken Windows.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the same setting where Pending Transactions appear in a separate tab in the bottom area of the register, I always wait for the confirmed purchase transaction to appear, usually a day later.
    Many of my pending transactions are subject to review and change by the merchant before a final transaction is posted. Therefore it would only make extra work for me to promote a pending transaction to become a real register transaction. I can wait for a real transaction to download and be added to the register.