Import Turbo Tax 2023 into Tax Planner yields Error 2 message

I have Windows 10 Home version of Quicken Classic Premier, Version 58.9 (Build 27.1.58.9).

I'm trying to import my 2023 Turbo Tax income tax return data into Quicken's Tax Planner module.

I get Error Message 2 when trying to import my TT 2023 Tax Return. I've renamed the Turbo Tax file to a shorter name and continue to get the TurboTax Import Failed! (Error 2) window.

This issue has been resolved in prior years by shortening the file name. I've shortened the file name this year and that doesn't appear to work.

I see the issue was raised in an earlier discussion which was closed with the advice to contact Quicken Home Support. I've been unable to reach the Quicken Home Support team, either by Chat or by phone, this afternoon.

I would appreciate any assistance or suggestions the Community might provide.

Thank you

Comments

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

See this post.

It has been reported.

Keep trying Support and let them know about this problem.
    Also, if you do contact them mention this report ID CTP-9601.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Shortening or changing the file name resolves the "Error 5" message.

The Error 2 message is caused by an incompatibility between TurboTax 2023 files and Quicken. This has been reported several times but as far as I know there has been no acknowledgement by Quicken.

Forum Moderators sometimes review issues discussed here and refer them to Development, but if you want Quicken to work on a problem, I recommend you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

QWin Premier subscription
  • I just submitted a Error Report to Quicken with all the support files.

I will be interested to see if this is a priority to fix.

If not, this feature needs to be removed.

• agree!

• No Quicken progress on this failure to import since 8/26/24.

I sent log files. As a programmer this should be a simple solution. What is the holdup?

Please respond.