Turbotax import into Quicken fails: Error 2 or Error 5

AllanDB
AllanDB Member ✭✭

I have been trying to import my 2023 Turbotax file into Quicken Deluxe for Windows (up to date), but I always get an error 2 or 5. I have tried all the obvious tricks like shortening the file name, but that does not work.

Quicken support said it is a problem with the TT file, but quite frankly, I don't believe them, since this problem happens every year.

Any suggestions as to how to correct this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @AllanDB,

Would you mind providing me with the ticket number that was given to you during your interaction with Quicken Support?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jl747
    jl747 Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine

Here is a post about the same thing. It has been closed.

It has a Ticket number CTP-9601 per Quicken Kristina

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Lance W.
    Lance W. Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

Could you please fix this. We are over half way into the new year with no way to estimate taxes using last year's turbo tax actuals.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @jl747 and @Lance W.,

Are you using these instructions to import your TurboTax data?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine the procedure for importing a TT file is pretty straightforward and still does not work.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• jl747

@Quicken Jasmine

It still does not work using those instructions.
    Error 2

Tried with TT open and closed.

FYI. TurboTax file has a short file name and no password.

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• Rocket J Squirrel

I can import last year's .tax2022 data file, which of course is obsolete. So just for fun, I tried copying my current .tax2023 file to a new file with a .tax2022 extension. That still failed with Error 2.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Lance W.

Same as jl747 for me as well.

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello All,

Thank you for confirming that this issue is still occurring despite the FAQ provided.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files, a sanitized data file, and screenshots (if possible) attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

(CTP-9601)

-Quicken Jasmine

• AllanDB
    AllanDB Member ✭✭

Jasmine,

Quicken Support did not provide me a ticket number.

AllanDB

• Lance W.

Not sure if this helps or not, but I created a new empty quicken file. Then a new empty TurboTax Deluxe file and saved it with a short name and no password. Then imported the new tax file into the new quicken file. Error 2 once again. Think this may be a format issue and not a data issue.

Lance

• Quicken Jasmine

Hello @AllanDB and @Lance W.,

Thank you for providing more information.

Please follow the instructions in my previous response regarding sending logs and let me know once you have done so!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Rocket J Squirrel

@Quicken Jasmine I don't understand your request. This is happening to 100% of all users, so data and log files are irrelevant and not going to help. They'll only waste QA's time.

I also don't understand why this is taking so long to fix. Locate the section of code that displays the error and trace back from there. Remember .tax2022 files import fine and .tax2023 do not. There has to be a localized section of code which is failing to vet the .tax2023 data.

• AllanDB
    AllanDB Member ✭✭

Quicken Jasmine,

I submitted my problem report with the log files and sanitized data files.

AllanDB

• jl747

@Quicken Jasmine

Is there a status update on this problem (bug)?

Thanks

• MGB
    MGB Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

also having same error 2,

• jl747

This discussion has been closed.