Dashboard - Tag Card (Q Mac)

Shaun World
Shaun World Member ✭✭
edited August 10 in Product Enhancements

May we have a Dashboard Card for Tags. One card, with the option to choose or change the Tag.

Tags are an extremely useful feature that I use to keep an eye specific spending. I'd argue that having one on the Dashboard is more important than categories…. Eg. Daughters Wedding…..All dads need keeping an eye on when it comes to spending on that….. Wifes words.

1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

Could you clarify what you want the card to do? Are you wanting a card like Top Spending Categories or Top Spending Payees, but for Top Spending Tags? I was confused when you referred to choosing or changing a tag.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭

I would suggest that it's unlikely to be implemented for only one tag. I would shoot for "the ability to customize which tag(s) are used".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

The way the Dashboard cards like Top Spending Categories and Top Spending Payees are currently implemented in Quicken Mac, a user can configure which accounts are used, and a date range, and then the card shows the expense totals for the top 10 Payees, for instance. And clicking on any Payee pops open a window with e transaction report for that Payee. But the card controls do not allow selective picking of the Payees (or Categories) to be shown. So I could envision the Top Payees card replicated to show the top 10 Tags, and clicking on any one would pop open a transaction report for that spending.

So the question to @Shaun World is whether that fits what you were envisioning in making this feature request?

Keep in mind that the stated philosophy of the Quicken Mac developers is that Dashboard cards are intended to provide quick looks into aspects of your finances, but not to completely duplicate the functionality of reports. If you have a tag for "Daughter's Wedding", the idea is that you'd create a custom report showing just the transactions using that one Tag, over whatever time period you want to see it, which you can view at the click of a button at any time. I think a Dashboard card for Tags, showing spending for your Top 10 Tags in a quarter or year (or whatever time period you choose), fits the approach they've used for the other cards.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993