Unable to Download Transactions from Capital One

I realized that none of my Capital One transactions have automatically downloaded to Quicken. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the account but no luck. When reconnecting, I get a message about 'your accounts aren't supported by Quicken at this time'. Is Quicken working on a fix? I'm using Mac version 7.8.2

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Suzva64,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Are you seeing this error on the Capital One website, when going through the authorization process, or are you seeing this on the Quicken side? What kind of account(s) are you encountering this issue with (checking, savings, credit card, etc.)? Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days? Is the account considered an external account (i.e. are you redirected to a different website when selecting the account on the bank's website)? If so, what URL are you redirected to? Is the account a subtype of a different account? Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process? Are you the owner of the account?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Hilde
    Hilde Member ✭✭
    edited August 13

I have the same problem with the Capital One One Step Update CREDIT CARD download. The LAST TRANSACTION TO DOWNLOAD was Aug 3, 2024. I have DAILY TRANSACTIONS SINCE AUG 3, 2024. I am NOT SEEING ERRORS OR ISSUES ON THE CAPITAL ONE WEBSITE. I am using Windows 11 Pro, the latest version/update.

AS THE ACCOUNT OWNER: I tried fixing it by deactivating it and then setting it up again from the account list in Quicken. I followed all the steps to reconnect my Capital One account ("Capital One Card Services needs you to authorize your account"). The interface says that it was successfully linked at the Capital One URL. There are NO CHANGES TO THE CAPITAL ONE WEBSITE OR SIGN-IN PROCESS. Then I got this from within Quicken. Nothing is working.

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @Hilde,

To troubleshoot this specific error message, please wait 24 hours, then try again. If the issue persists, I'd recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance, since they will need to check log files to see what is causing the error, and escalate the issue if needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

There is currently a known issue connecting with Capital One, although the error message is different, so I'm not certain if the issue you're encountering is related. Please view this Community Alert for more information.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• I have the same problem. Will I be notified by email when Capital One download is fixed?

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @yaakovshore,

If you are encountering the same issue that is described in the Community Alert, then you can bookmark the alert so that it will send notifications when the alert is updated and when the alert is marked resolved. As long as sending email notifications is allowed in your preferences on the Community and your email does not block the messages, then you should get email notifications.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• jhaygood
    jhaygood Member ✭✭
    edited August 14

I have a similar issue. Realized that Cap One Venture X card wasn't downloading since 8/7, but all my other Cap one accounts are fine, checking savings and another Visa card. I disable downloading and reconnect and everything looks fine - Venture X card is checkmarked as one of the accounts to sync - but at the stage where I say which Cap One acct is which Quicken acct then Venture X isn't there. And in the register for the Venture X card under the name at the top it should say underneath the connection type and nothing is there. Don't really want to call tech support… ugh. May have to?

• I called tech support and they were no help. Spent over an hour. Was supposed to call back today but I don’t have an hour to waste!

• mggm100
    mggm100 Member ✭✭

I have the same problem with Capitol One Venture card not downloading transactions. There are no error messages. The One-Step Update Summary show that Capitol One was updated with no new transactions. However, when I go to the Capitol One website, there are new transaction that were not downloaded. I am using Windows 10. This has been ongoing for the last week.

Mike

• I unlinked mine in the capital one security settings and the added capital one venture on the quicken app and it worked last night. It had not been working. I am using the Mac version though

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @jhaygood,

Based on your description of the issue you're encountering, it sounds like you're impacted by the known issue with Capital One accounts not being found when trying to connect/reconnect accounts. This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket# 11221727)

Hello @mggm100,

Based on your description of the issue, it sounds like you're encountering the known issue with missing transactions/transactions not downloading. This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #10715805) 

Quicken Kristina

• I got mine to work now. I unlinked quicken in the capital one site. Then I linked capital one on the quicken app and it worked. Not sure what was going on before but it’s fixed now!

• Don Allenbaugh

perhaps we should be paying you yearly, as you fixed this for me and Quicken has been working on it for weeks with no answer yet. Don, thank you, Quicken embarrassing 😕

• Thanks for the kind comments but I think something must have been fixed on either Intuits end or capital one. I had tried that before but it wouldn’t work and then it did finally. Quicken not knowing that something was wrong was the part that was aggravating.

• jdaawa413
    jdaawa413 Member ✭✭

I tried it, didn't work for me, and now I can't figure out how to re-link Quicken to my Capital One account. I'm not sure at this point that it matters, but this is all getting old. Fortunately this is not my primary credit card.

• go to your capital one account one security. There should be a place that shows linked apps

• jdaawa413
    jdaawa413 Member ✭✭

Thanks, Don. I went to Security and used the "edit" button to unlink the app. Now there is no "edit" button. . I can live without for now since it seems the problem is ongoing and I only use the card about 6 times a month. I can see my statements and Quicken continues to be able to do a scheduled online payment, so, it's more an annoyance than a real problem.

• now try and go to quicken and add your capital one account. That is exactly what ha to do

• Running into the same issue. I tried deleting the authorization from Capital's One website and reconnecting the account but I get the same error. Wondering if there is an updated ETA on this issue. It has been a month my transactions stopped synching.

• Hello @dougsds,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. What is the exact error you are seeing when you try to reconnect? Are you seeing the error in Quicken or on the Capital One website? Which connection option are you trying to connect to in your Quicken (I can see there are 3 options available in the Canadian version of Quicken)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina