How to convert data from Q2015 to Q2012?

Me22
Me22 Member ✭✭

I am currently using quicken 2015 (you had to register with this version), and I want to move back to the 2012 version. I have both disks. Is there a way to convert this data back? Or is there a way around the "temporarily unavailable page" with Q2015 that appears after you try to log onto Quicken. I've tried the ideas from "Chris_QPW", but I cannot download the onedrive files. Thanks.

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The only two ways to go from 2015 to 2012 is by exporting QIF files from 2015 and importing them into 2012 or doing a .QXF export and import.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    Answer ✓

The only two ways to go from 2015 to 2012 is by exporting QIF files from 2015 and importing them into 2012 or doing a .QXF export and import.

• splasher

• Me22
    Me22 Member ✭✭

Thank you so much! I've been using it since 1991 and have a lot of transactions to go thru. Thanks again!!!

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you want to go back to 2012? Maybe we can help you to fix 2015. Will you have to install 2012? If you do install an older version you will need to update it. One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-patches-us.html

OR…get Quicken 2013. It was the last good stable version before you needed a Quicken or Intuit ID. You can download 2013 Deluxe directly from Quicken for free using this how to convert article. It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Me22
    Me22 Member ✭✭

Q2015 is working fine but I know the time is coming when I'm going to need to "sign on" again and will have issues. Since I already have the disk to Q2012, I'm better off switching to it in the long run. Thank you for your suggestions!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16

Note that until recently .QXF importing didn't work with investment accounts (and still messes up on them if they aren't "simple") So, zero chance that it will work going back to Quicken 2012 or 2013.

@Me22 You might be interested in this information:

ChangeTransfers changes transfers in a QIF file to categories. - QuicknPerlWiz

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Me22
    Me22 Member ✭✭

Good information to know @Chris_QPW . Thank you. You have a lot of helpful information on your web page as well.

This discussion has been closed.