For weeks, adding an account at ALLY Bank FAILS, with CC-501

narrqchat
narrqchat Member ✭✭✭

I've reported this, with logs, and also with post, before, but it never appears on outstanding CC-501 problems. Did you miss it?

This is NOT the CC-502 issuer reported for Ally Bank today updated.

I suspect this Ally Bank problem deserves to be included with all the CC-501 fails you show since mid-August, not so??

In brief, I cant add an account to others at Ally Bank, since I can't get through the first communication point in the dialog, getting CC-501, don't contact the bank, it's Quicken's fault staged in the error response.

How many weeks are these fixes to take?

Comments

• Hello @narrqchat,

When Quicken is unable to connect to your bank account for recent transaction information, you’ll receive a message with these errors in the program. This is usually caused on the bank’s end — Quicken is blocked from connecting to the account. You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information.

As per the FAQ: If you receive one of these errors, please wait 24 hours and then try again. If the issue still persists after this time period, please contact Quicken Support.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Hello @narrqchat,

Are you still experiencing issues with Acorn? If so, has the error message changed?

Please be aware that we do currently have an active alert regarding users experiencing issues with Acorns. Though the error message is different, this could contribute to the issues you are experiencing. You may follow this link to access that alert, which you can bookmark for all further updates.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭✭

Hello Quicken Jasmine,

I am still having this problem, if I think you may have it recorded incorrectly???

The problem is with Ally Bank, not Acorn.

It is very clear. I try to add an account (already have several there), and on the connect step, having entered login and password, Quicken replies giving CC-501, with also a note asserting it is your problem, and not to call the bank.

I would really like to see this fixed — and the inability to even re-establish downloading transactions, with TD Bank. These have been going on for weeks, many weeks now.

Thank you for attending these….

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@narrqchat - have you tried to set up a new file as a dummy test, connect to Ally to determine if it works? If it works, then it is your *.qdata file and not Ally (or Quicken)

I have accounts at Ally and connect and download transactions without any issue.

• narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭✭

Mark, interesting idea.

• To be clear, my current accounts all download correctly.
    • The failure is comes in trying to add another account (one more CD)
    • this fail began along with all the other Quicken foulups a month ago, looking like part of the great global Microsoft crash.

I'll try a few things around what you suggest, thanks

• narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 10

Ok — even as I wouldn't have believed it, you've had the needed beginning of path, Mark.
    - I first tried validating and super-validating the original file. No effect on broken ability to add account, as expected.
    - I then tried creating a test file — and though this should have nothing to do with Quicken's ability to connect (it could have to do with transaction errors), in fact hooking up Ally brought up all five accounts, including the fresh one which I had wanted to add.
    - but as ever, transaction download was not correct — a serious (thousands) problem with the initial balance throwing everything off, and a later transaction that somehow duplicated. I put this file aside, as only a test.
    - going back to the original file, I disconnected one of the working Ally accounts. And now I couldn't even add it back in…not happy, a bit….
    - remembering however past dance routines for hours with Quicken Support, I thought, and disconnected all of the accounts with Ally Bank…
    - and then, I tried adding an account from Ally Bank, just as I had with the empty test file.
    - bingo. The full five set of accounts appeared, four automatic, and one manual match to their proper names.
    - and, as ever, ever, one account was way off, once again an initial balance, thousands again.
    - by reference to screenshots kept, I fixed that initial balance.

Now all looks right. Given transactions after today actually download, this is fixed. And similarly for the TD Bank situation

I had had no machine upsets known to cause these issues, on a very capable and well-maintained laptop. Both this and the TD Bank inability to work with transaction downloads occurred in the time arena of all the last month Quicken upsets.

• narrqchat
    narrqchat Member ✭✭✭

To complete on this,

• on the next day, the missing TD Bank transaction came through properly, at last. Apparently the connection had to be set up, and then an overnight reconciliation was needed before even past payments could be sent.
    • the Ally account also updated properly, showing two fresh interest payments which occurred naturally overnight, their scheduled day.

Thus, everything working in Quicken again. Why I have to do this sort of manual knock-down and then rebuild on multiple accounts, to get transaction downloading working again, every year or two, is something to wonder about, considering how much we each pay you….why can't you fix it yourself, when your back-ends go awry???

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@narrqchat - we are all dealing with a 'distributed model' where each and every user has their own PC laptop with its own configurations. Now you see the benefit of a 'cloud model' where everyone has the exact same setup and the file itself is managed in the cloud.

Quicken has never approached the idea of forcing everyone to use their confidential personal financial data as a cloud model - probably use a lot of customers this way, but it would solve many of these challenges each of us has….

just my two cents