Discover Bank Locking out my account

Rick11
Rick11 Member ✭✭✭

(8/24/2024) I have the same issue with Quicken downloads that has been report on the community many times. The difference for me today is Discover is locking out my account when I try to reactivate and add a Discover Bank account.

I had to contact Discover web support to get my account unlocked so I could log back into Discover. While I had then on the phone and after they unlocked my account, I tried to reactivate one of my Discover accounts in Quicken and Discover immediately locked me out again and they had to reset my account so I could log back in.

The support person told me it would happen every time I set up a new Discover account or tried reactivate an existing Discover account in Quicken….! They told me the reason it was happening is that Discover is no longer supported in Quicken.

So beware if you are trying to add a Discover account to quicken, Discover may lock you out and you want be able to log in to your online Discover account.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Hello @Rick11,

To help troubleshoot this issue, I checked on our end, and can see when you were trying to connect/reconnect your Quicken to Discover bank today, it showed an invalid credentials response to several of the connection attempts. That would be the most likely reason that Discover locked your account; most financial institutions will lock an account for security reasons if they detect too many incorrect login attempts within a set amount of time.

I can see your most recent attempt got a CC-502 (timeout error). That is currently a known issue, which has already been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

(Ticket #11232126/ CTP-10770)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.