Westpac Australia account issues

CRhelp
CRhelp Member ✭✭

Have used Quicken successfully with Westpac Australia for 6+ years and have always been able to download transactions. Westpac recently increased their password complexity requirements and I updated my password accordingly.

However, now Quicken will not connect with a correct password. I get an error "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Westpac Australia."

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited August 24

Hello @CRhelp,

Since you mentioned that you recently had to change your password and make it more complex, it is possible the problem is being caused by a special character. There are some special characters which may cause errors in Quicken. These special characters are the ampersand (&), left carat (<), right carat (>), backslash (\), and forward slash (/). If you have any of those characters in your new password with the financial institution, then I recommend that you try changing to a password that does not use any of those characters (if possible), then see if the issue persists in your Quicken.

If the issue persists after that, please backup your Quicken file, then follow the directions in this article on FDP-103 (invalid credentials) errors. Warning - if the issue persists, please be careful not to try too many times in a row, since it may trigger the financial institution to lock the account.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CRhelp
    CRhelp Member ✭✭

Thanks for this information. None of the 4 characters listed are in my new password. I tried following the directions in the article on FDP-103 and it failed to solve the problem, I am still unable to validate my credentials.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

Since the troubleshooting did not work, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they have access to tools that we on the Community can't access, and they're able to escalate the issue as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance! 

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2

Just to verify … are you talking about connecting to the US branch of Westpac Australia and are you trying to access an account held there, in US-$ currency.
    International accounts in foreign currencies are not supported for online access in Quicken and must be maintained strictly offline.

• CRhelp
    CRhelp Member ✭✭

UKR, your statement hasn't been true historically. I have accessed a Westpac Australia account denominated in AUD for many years. The website referred to for the company in Quicken is westpac.com.au with a phone number of 132 142, clearly an Australian entity.