Memorized Payees List - how to select and mass delete?

krlee
krlee Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Hi,

I have a lot of payees I no longer need, I've been using quicken for decades, the "new" version since it came out in 2019. I don't want to have to delete them one by one, I would prefer to be able to tag them and delete them all at once. Is this possible, and if not is there a suggestion box?

Thanks,

Ken

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

For another method to automatically trim the MPL and to keep it in shape please do this:
    In Edit / Preferences / Data Entry and Quickfill make sure you have a checkmark at
    [√] "Remove memorized payees not used in [xx] months"
    and set [xx] to something like "18". Do not set it to zero.
    IMHO, you should set the number to 12 or higher for best results, so that once-a-year payees don't vanish.
    Restart Quicken for the change to take effect and housekeeping to clean up the Memorized Payee List.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @krlee,

To answer your question, you should be able to do it by pulling up the Memorized Payee List (Tools>Memorized Payee List) and using the standard Windows keyboard shortcuts to mass select (holding down the CTRL key and clicking each one, or holding Shift to select a group).

Once the payees you want to delete are selected, right click and choose Delete. You'll get a confirmation window.

Confirm, and they'll be deleted. It's a good idea to backup your Quicken file prior to mass deleting.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

For another method to automatically trim the MPL and to keep it in shape please do this:
    In Edit / Preferences / Data Entry and Quickfill make sure you have a checkmark at
    [√] "Remove memorized payees not used in [xx] months"
    and set [xx] to something like "18". Do not set it to zero.
    IMHO, you should set the number to 12 or higher for best results, so that once-a-year payees don't vanish.
    Restart Quicken for the change to take effect and housekeeping to clean up the Memorized Payee List.

• krlee
    krlee Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Thank you all!

This discussion has been closed.