Old browser version (?)

Dave Robinson
Dave Robinson Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

How to explain?

Windows 11 Home with latest update

Chrome ver 128

Quicken ver R58.9 Build 27.1.58.9

One Step Update "seems" to be working. When I use ctrl-R to start a (R)econcile, I am presented with a choice to R without downloading recent data OR to Download, then R. I choose the second, Download then R. I am immediately presented with:

Currently, my Default browser is set for Chrome. I have Edge but it has started displaying random pages of ads so I went back to Chrome. As mentioned above, my Chrome version is 128 and it is the latest. How is Quicken choosing something different? I can go to my banking institution directly via the browser without any problems. I can download QFX files without issues. Where can I "see" which browser Quicken is attempting to use and how can I change it so my default browser in Windows is used?

Dave Robinson

Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Dave Robinson,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. When you are trying to reconcile, are you doing this in your Quicken program on your computer, or are you doing it in Quicken on the Web? Does this happen with every account? What connection method does the affected account(s) use? You can check this (in your Quicken desktop program) by going to Tools>Account List, clicking the Edit button next to the account name, then clicking the Online Services tab.

When the browser window comes up, what does the icon look like? On the Windows operating system, you can typically see the icon for the programs you currently have open on your task bar (at the bottom of the screen, by default). The sample image below shows the Quicken program icon and the Edge icon.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Dave Robinson,

I haven't seen any response from you in a while. Do you still require assistance?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.