Current Budget report showing zeros for actual amounts

azzurro
azzurro Member ✭✭
edited September 2 in Reports (Windows)

When I try to rune the "Current Budget" report, I am seeing zeros or incorrect amounts for many categories. For example, I record my income in a subcategory in the format "Salary:Me", but the report shows "0.00" for every month. When I click on the "0.00" however, it opens a new window with the correct amounts; they just don't appear in the main report. Other master categories show correct totals but list zeros in the subcategories.

When I customize the report and turn off "Budgeted Categories Only," then the error seems to go away, but this loses the convenience of being able to quickly look at budgeted categories.

I have validated and super-validated the file, and I have confirmed that I am looking at the correct budget and fiscal year.

Has anyone else run into this?

I am running Quicken for Windows 10 Enterprise, Version R58.9 Build 27.1.58.9

Comments

• Hello @azzurro,

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• azzurro
    azzurro Member ✭✭

As per my original post, I already tried validating and super-validating. SMDH.

The workaround I found that is successful is to open the budget report from the Planning tab, using the pulldown menu under Budget Actions/Budget reports/Current budget. That produces the correct report with accurate data. If I open the same report from the Reports menu, I get zeros in the actuals column.