Partial download of Amex transactions

MSStateDawg
MSStateDawg Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm beginning to see occasional, sporatic occurrences of partial downloads from Amex. This happened on Jul 18 and again this morning on Aug 28.

Today's occurrence involved about 15 transactions successfully downloading but there was a significant discrepancy when reconciling. I found that there were 6 posted, non-pending Amex trans that didn't download into Quicken. After entering those missing 6 manually, all was well with the reconciliation.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Quicken user since 1991

VP, Ops & Tech in the biometric space

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @MSStateDawg,

We do currently have an active alert regarding missing transactions with American Express. You can view the alert here and I suggest that you bookmark it for all further updates. There are some troubleshooting instructions located in the alert, you may also find them below.

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all the accounts associated with American Express (AMEX).
    3. Navigate to AMEX's website, (https://www.americanexpress.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken. The steps to locate third-party apps within AMEX are below:
      1. Sign in
      2. Account Services
      3. Security and Privacy
      4. Manage third-party permissions
      5. Revoke authorization for Quicken
    4. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the AMEX accounts by using the "+" button.
    5. Carefully relink your AMEX accounts with the corresponding Quicken accounts.

If the issue persists after you have followed these steps, please reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• MSStateDawg
    MSStateDawg Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info. Rather disappointing that we're coming up on almost a year and there's no discovery of the cause.

Quicken user since 1991

VP, Ops & Tech in the biometric space

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @MSStateDawg,

I do understand your frustrations and I sincerely apologize.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.