Updating Android Quicken App works with Cloud Sync, not One Step Update. Ideas on how to fix this?

I have the latest Quicken Classic, version R58.9, build 27.1.58.9 on an up-to-date W10 system. I can get my desktop data to go to the mobile app if I choose Mobile & Web→Cloud Sync. If I use One Step Update→Sync to Quicken Cloud, the data doesn't transfer. This is true on my largest Quicken file. The smaller ones work OK.

Cloud Sync takes much longer to sync, so I'd prefer using One Step Update to do the syncing, where it also downloads prices, etc. with 1 click. To get everything done, I now have to do One Step Update then Cloud Sync, which is a pain.

I've tried Edit→Preferences→Mobile & Web→Reset your cloud data, to no avail. My accounts are selected for Mobile & Web properly.

Comments

• Hello @NYCTMAGA,

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• NYCTMAGA
    NYCTMAGA Member ✭✭

Jasmine:

I tried validating and Super validating according to your instructions. I then put in an entry into a CC account and did a 1-step update with Sync to Quicken Cloud enabled. I went to my Android Quicken app and the transaction didn't appear. When I go to Mobile & Web→Cloud Sync and access the app, the transaction is there. I make it a point to get completely out of the Android app each time. (All the Android app needs when using the Cloud Sync method is a refresh by pulling down from the top of the phone, and it updates.)

What is so different from the cloud sync mechanism from 1-step Update and Mobile&Web? I know the former does several things, but I'd hope the sync operation would be the same.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks