ETrade Brokerage Not Connecting / Downloading.

JWnAtl
JWnAtl Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

ETrade has not been connecting or downloading transactions for the past several days. The Error Code is OL-295-A

Comments

• MangoMan
    MangoMan Member ✭✭✭

Same here - Anyone got any info on this?

• Matthew Guerreiro
    Matthew Guerreiro Member ✭✭✭

Happened to me today as well.

• beachdweller
    beachdweller Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Same here. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but it only loads in Simple Investing, not Complete Investing. Really frustrating.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This is now considered a known issue and has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing. Please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kubba6
    kubba6 Member

I am started having the exact same problem yesterday morning (8/28/2024). It is an E*Trade problem. I spoke with E*Trade yesterday and they said they are working on it and suggested I reconnect with E*Trade. I did and now I get the Simple Investing version same as member beachweller. E*Trade claims they are working to resolve the issue. The correct connection method should be Express Web Connect+ but after implementing E*Trade's suggested solution, the connection method is Express Web Connect (without the "+" sign after the word Connect) and you don't have the option to change it to Connect+.

E*Trade claims they are working on resolving the problem. When?????

• Ben L
    Ben L Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

When I called E*Trade about this issue, this afternoon, the rep placed me on hold and came back 3-4 minutes later stating he contacted E*Trade tech support who knew of no issues and claimed he also spoke to his manager who said, no knowledge of any issue. Referred me to Quicken support.

• MangoMan
    MangoMan Member ✭✭✭

Recommendation - Wait for a fix. Deactivating the account and reactivating changes the account to EWC and provides only a Simple Mode display - No transaction register. Also, I had to go through the agony of linking accounts correctly and re-identifying securities (which blows if you have a lot). When you select Edit account you get this explanation instead of being able to select a Tracking Method.

• cspencerjr0968
    cspencerjr0968 Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Having the same issues, just started yesterday.

• Daivd
    Daivd Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I was also having the same issue. But starting last night, everything cleared up. No more connection has been rejected errors.

• DCC1
    DCC1 Member ✭✭✭

So I have been been running both Quicken for Windows and Mac in tandem. Etrade has been connecting just fine via Direct Connect until last Friday when the Windows version of Quicken would not connect. The Mac version works with no issues and continues to work. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and now I can only connect via EWC on the Windows machine. And that only gives me Simple Tracking. I'm about to throw in the towel on Windows.

• beachdweller
    beachdweller Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

As of this afternoon, 9/1/2024, my account now reverts to Direct Connect and updates. No more Express Web Connect, at least for now, as that just gave me Simple Investing, and I need Complete Investing.

So—progress, sort of.

• 308Tom
    308Tom Member ✭✭

An earlier commenter said he had uninstalled the most recent Microsoft update and his Windows Quicken download began to work again. I'm not willing to try that, but sounds like the issue may be associated with a MS-E*Trade conflict. I CAN log on to E-Trade and manually download recent transactions. They seem to post normally. So when I get an e-mail notification of a transaction, I can log on to E-Trade and manually download the transaction. The manual transactions download appears to be working just fine.

This discussion has been closed.