Capital One Linked Savings and Credit Card Issue

gt00tx
gt00tx Member ✭✭✭

I've had this issue awhile. After just doing a Reset of online connections, it still persists.

The problem is:
Quicken, when it does an update for either account, it sees the other account as missing. When I started to Reset Account for the Savings account, it prompted for the company, showing both Cap One Bank and Cap One Credit Cards among the multitude of others. I chose the Bank side. Still, at the end of the Reset, it indicated that the Credit Card account was not found. (What is has been doing every time I've done this.)

When I started the Reset Account of the Credit Card, it did NOT allow me to choose between Bank and Credit Cards, but immediately went on to the login with Capital One. I logged in and linked the account to my existing account and again at the end, this time of course, I got the message that the Savings account was not found.

So somehow, Quicken I guess, wants to keep associating these two accounts in a way that it looks for both accounts when I'm only wanting it to look for one.

And yes, due to the way Cap One does things, I must have separate logins for these two accounts. They can't be linked at Cap One. So, it seems one needs to go in through the Bank side and one through the Savings side.

I'm thinking I should Deactivate one or the other, or both, to see if it will let me set them up separately via the Bank side and Credit Card side?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hello @gt00tx,

Based on your description of the issue, I recommend that you backup your Quicken file, deactivate the account that Quicken thinks is missing, then reconnect the account by going to Tools>Add Account, and following the prompts. Be careful to relink your account to the correct nickname in Quicken.

If Quicken sees both accounts when you're on the Add/Link screen in Quicken, please make sure that the account you're reconnecting is linking to the correct name in Quicken, and set the other account to "Don't add to Quicken" (choosing "Don't add to Quicken" will prevent Quicken from changing that account to the new connection you're setting up).

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.