Filter Report on Amount For Quicken Mac (amounts greater than 0) [Edited]

jimbean2
jimbean2 Member ✭✭✭
edited September 2 in Reports

It would be very useful to run a report based on an amount. For instance, I want to run a report with amounts greater than zero.

It would be great to have the same filtering capabilities that were included in Quicken 2007.

2 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• jimbean2
    jimbean2 Member ✭✭✭

It would be very helpful to have the ability to filter reports by amounts. Additionally, it would be great to have a report option that sets up three columns: one for positive amounts, one for negative amounts (debit/credit), and a running balance.

The filters in Quicken 2007 were outstanding, well-organized, and very intuitive.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta

I agree that it would be great to have Amount ranges (e.g "> 0" or "between 1 and 100" as a criterion for reports.

There is an existing Idea topic which encompasses this request, and I suggest you add your vote for it as well as your comment and the screenshot from Quicken 2007 (which some of the current developers have never used).

Additionally, it would be great to have a report option that sets up three columns: one for positive amounts, one for negative amounts (debit/credit), and a running balance.

This sounds like you're wanting a report for an account register. (I'm not sure where else a running balance would be applicable.) You may already be aware of this, but you can print selected transactions in register as a report. Select a date range with the register filter, or select transactions by Command-clicking or Shift-clicking a range, and then select Print. In the pop-up dialog box, select to print just the selected transactions or all visible transactions (if you set a date range filter):

The report will include all the columns in your register, so there's a running balance column. If your register shows the Amount column, but you want debits and credits, click on Columns in the register, un-check Amount, and check Deposit and Payment (for a checking account) or Charge and Payment (for a credit card account), or Outflow and Inflow (for the All Transactions register)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993