Product Quality

RJR80544
RJR80544 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I have been a Quicken user for decades. Up until shortly after the split from Intuit, Quicken was a pretty reliable product. Yes, an occasional defect appeared, but those issues were usually remedied fairly quickly and properly.

Now, Quicken has become quite unreliable. Odd behavior just suddenly appears for no obvious reason. Today, Quicken decided to no longer fill in ANY of the fields (category, amount, etc.) other than the payee name when attempting to enter a transaction for a Memorized payee in a register. Of course, Quicken support was useless. They ALWAYS make you go through the process of creating a new QDF file, creating a single memorized payee with all of the fields filled in, and then attempting to enter a transaction for that newly created payee. And, of course, it doesn't work. The next "solution" they offer is to uninstall the product (which ALWAYS leaves remnants, i.e., the uninstall doesn't really do a complete job) and then re-install. Not exactly a terrific solution. In the last month I've gone through this process three times.

I'm sure others have had similar product quality experiences. I'd like to gauge frustration level and get a sense if others intend to stay with Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @RJR80544,

To help troubleshoot the specific issue you mentioned, if you haven't already done so, please go to Edit>Preferences>Data entry and QuickFill. If certain options, such as Recall memorized payees (requires automatic completion), get unselected, that can cause the issue you describe.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RJR80544
    RJR80544 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Hi Kristina;

Thanks for the helpful reply.

I looked at those settings and you can see that all of those Data
    entry boxes that you show as selected are also selected on my
    system. It appears that Quicken effectively randomly deselects the
    "Recall memorized payees" option even though the box appears
    selected (i.e., checked) in the display. Toggling that option off
    and then back on corrects the problem for some indeterminant
    period after which the issue reoccurs.

One thing I noticed is that when I deselected "Automatically open
    drop-down lists in QuickFill fields", the issue has not reoccurred.
    It's only been a couple of days without a reoccurrence, but I am
    hopeful.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for the follow-up,

I'm glad to hear you found a solution that seems to be working so far!

Please let me know if the issue comes back, or if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.