Attachments not showing

I'm running Quicken Classic Business & Personal R58.9 build 27.1.58.9 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2 build 22631.4169.  When I add an attachment it often doesn't show.  If I close the program and reopen it, it might show but other attachments may then disappear.  It seems to be totally random.  I have validated my Quicken file with no change in this behaviour.  It always used to work but stopped after a recent update to the software.

Comments

• Hello @djblackwood,

To clarify the issue, when you say the attachment often doesn't show, do you mean the attachment paperclip icon doesn't display, or do you mean you're not able to see the preview of the attachment when you click on it? Since you mentioned you noticed the issue after an update, did you try restoring a backup from before that update?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• The paperclip icon is displayed, the preview of the attachment does not. It affects older backups as well so it's not a problem with the data file but with the program itself.

• Thank you for your reply,

I attempted to replicate the issue, but I'm able to see attachment previews without issue in my Quicken (tested using a .PDF file). What file type are you attaching? Are you attaching directly from a scanner or attaching a file that's already saved on your computer? Do you sync with the Quicken cloud? If you do, have you uploaded any of the problem attachments using one of the companion apps (Quicken Mobile or Quicken on the Web)?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.