Quicken doesn't recognize corrections to Category when recording transactions

Gene K in PA
Gene K in PA Member ✭✭

Often when downloaded transfer transactions appear in an account, the "Category" field initially shows the same account name as the current account I'm viewing. If I, say, edit the Notes field and attempt to save the edit, Quicken (rightly) displays the message, "You are recording a transfer back into the same account. Save it anyway?" After I correct the Category field to show the correct account for the transfer and then try to save this, Quicken once again shows that same error message. It seems that Quicken is failing to recognize that the transfer account in the Category field has been changed.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited 10:17AM

Hello @Gene K in PA,

I tested in my own Quicken and believe I'm seeing the same behavior you describe.

I forwarded this issue to the proper channels to be further investigated. In the meantime, if you'd like to contribute to the investigation, please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

In the meantime, you should be able to avoid this issue by making sure the category is the last part of the transaction you edit before saving/hitting Enter.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-11002)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.