Pending Transactions 'Feature' is causing havoc again

TJTex
TJTex Quicken Canada Subscription Member ✭✭

Again, the pending transactions ‘feature’ is causing havoc in my credit card accounts. I thought this was resolved back in April 2024. See the discussion “Pending Transactions ‘feature’ causes duplicate transactions” (at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7949401/pending-transactions-feature-causes-duplicate-transactions) where it was discovered that Quicken and their aggregator were not gathering the information correctly which caused duplicate transactions in one of my credit card accounts in the Bank Of Montreal.

Today I find that it started doing that all over again only this time it is affecting all my credit cards. I get:

Multiple identical transactions that are in the ‘Cleared’ state even though they are pending transactions when I look at my bank’s online account.

Some mystery transactions that actually have the amounts going from my checking account back into my checking account.

I have the ‘Pending Transactions’ feature turned off because it never ever worked correctly.

Is anyone else getting this issue?

I have the Canadian version of Quicken at R58.9

It is the desktop version.

Comments

• TJTex

@Quicken Kristina can you have a look at this issue? It is very similar to the problem I had back in April under

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7949401/pending-transactions-feature-causes-duplicate-transactions

The problem seems to have come back only this time with more issues (see above)

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @TJTex,

So that we can look further into this issue, we will need additional information. In your Quicken program, please go to Help>Report a Problem and send us a problem report with the log files attached, as well as screenshots illustrating the issues. Problem reports have a 10 attachment limit; if that doesn't give you enough space to send the screenshots, please send a 2nd problem report with the screenshots (and logs unselect to make room for them), or you can post the screenshots to this discussion (making sure to redact any personal information).

Please let me know when you have sent that information!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TJTex

Hello @Quicken Kristina Sorry, I can't do that right now. My credit cards have been compromised and cancelled. It will take a couple of weeks before I have new cards.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you were able to catch the account compromise early and it's not too much of a headache to clean up after.

If the issue persists after you receive your replacement cards and get everything set up, please send the problem report and let me know, so that we can look into the issue with pending transactions further!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.