Schwab Brokerage Reconciliation Error

nothingclever
nothingclever Member ✭✭✭

I've noticed a significant issue with my Shawab brokerage account since the latest update. It's suddenly using the online total market value of all my securities for reconciliation instead of just the online cash balance, which is causing discrepancies during reconciliation.

All my other accounts are still working fine - they use the cash balance like they're supposed to. This only started happening with the newest update.

Please look into this

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @nothingclever,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Is this the only Schwab account connected in your Quicken file? You mentioned this started with the most recent update. Do you recall when your Quicken updated to the newest version?

If you haven't already done so, please backup your Quicken file, deactivate your Schwab account, then reconnect it by going to Accounts>Add Account. Please make sure to carefully relink the account to the correct name in Quicken. Once that is done, please check to see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jlgg
    jlgg Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭✭

I believe I am having the same problem or something very similar. I always choose "use statement balance" as my reconcile choice for my Schwab accounts, and reconcile at the end of the month when my statements are posted.

This month, even though my settings have not been changed, Quicken reconciles to my "on-line balance" and marks any transactions that occured after the statement period as reconciled.

I have changed those transactions manually back to downloaded not reconcile, and am hoping for a fix before the next statement period.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @jlgg,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance! 

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.