Windows release R59.6

hmday
hmday Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

Is this still a staged release update or is it ready for all users?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

The manual patch for R59.6 is now available to be downloaded and installed by all. You can download the file from here: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product/ .

I recommend downloading and installing the manual patches instead of letting Quicken manage the update process. IMO, downloading/installing the manual patches is a more reliable method for doing version updates.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello @hmday,

R59.6 is now live and available to all.

Our Community release notes post has also been updated to include this information.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

While I do the same as @Boatnmaniac and do the download and subsequent run of the patch release, there is one downside to it. If the desktop program does the release patch, a backup with the release # of the previous version is created, doing the download & subsequent run of the patch doesn't, so it is then a good idea for the user to make a backup first.

With even that downside, I prefer to have total control over when the patches are applied to my system.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list