Adding and Keeping a cover for an item is about 50% at best

gsulshski
gsulshski Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I have been adding covers for all of my institutions items (for example). About 1/2 of them will be visible the next time I log in.
1. If I re-add the cover to all of the ones that didn't "hold", I will still have about 1/2 of them visible the next time I log in.
2. Given that many are the same jpeg or gif, it isn't the specific file that I am adding as far as I can tell.
3. I can see that the cover icon is attached to the item, but is no longer part of the cover.
If I re-add, the cover .. .it creates another identical icon attached to the item and has a visible cover.
4. Sometimes , I add the icon to the cover and it isn't visible but most times if I re-add it , it will be visible for that session.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @gsulshski,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Is this happening when accessing Quicken LifeHub through the website, through the Desktop App, or both? Which browser do you use when accessing Quicken LifeHub? You mentioned that file type doesn't seem to make a difference; have you noticed if file size has an impact on the issue? About how many items do you have with cover images attached? Is it always the same ones that have this issue, or is it more random?

When this issue happens, is the icon you see on the ones where the image disappeared similar to the sample image below?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gsulshski
    gsulshski Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

I will try to answer your questions

Website or Desktop or both ?

I have only been using the website (I didn't know that there is a desktop app)

Today:
    Working (Today) for most items that I have added. Banks, institutions, retirement accounts, passport, etc)
    Safari using MacOS Sonoma 14.7.. All Covers are displayed. That isn't always been the case.

Not working(Today) for vehicles items:
    Safari using MacOS Sonoma 14.7.. and I see the image that you have referenced above for the vehicles.
    You can see the vehicle icon attached to the item document. I have two vehicle items (one is 1.5MB and the other is 207KB).
    Remember, I do see the cover when I add the cover.

Not working(Today) for most items:
    Not working with Safari using iOS 17.7 (about 50% are shown)

Not working with firefox using iOS 17.7 (identical to Safari results)

You mentioned that file type doesn't seem to make a difference; have you noticed if file size has an impact on the issue?

Today:
    I have about 15 pngs and 12 jpegs.
    Smallest is 3KB and the largest are 1.5MB.

The largest and third largest are Vehicle icons (1.5MB and 207KB) that don't work.

The second largest 281kb and that works.

Remember: I can have the icon on five items and I will see 1/2 them visible for the exact same icon.

About how many items do you have with cover images attached?

Today: 37

Is it always the same ones that have this issue, or is it more random?

It seems to be consistent that I will have a three savings, checking with the same icon and it always seems to be the same that the same 1/2 are shown or not shown.

Remember: there are 37 of them currently, so there could be slight difference each time I logon but I don't notice the subtle differences if ther e are some.

When this issue happens, is the icon you see on the ones where the image disappeared similar to the sample image below?

Yes.. the cover isn't visible, It has the same consistency of the sample shown . The icon is attached and visible in the item document at the bottom.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Thank you for your reply,

Thanks for providing the additional information.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(QLH-2104)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.