AMEX savings/CD accounts Web Connect CC-885 error (QMAC)

System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

American Express - Banking downloads STILL NOT FIXED!!

Comments

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭

I am new this site - frustrated as the rest of you — I was able to use Web Connect to import from AMX for savings/CD accounts before? but as of today I am now getting error CC-885?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @CAPPY,

That error message usually means there is a temporary issue. Per this article on CC-885 errors, the recommended troubleshooting is to wait 24 hours and try again. If the error persists past 24 hours, then please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance, as they have access to tools that we on the Community cannot access and they are able to escalate the issue as needed. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance! 

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭✭

Believe me, Cappy … 24 hours will get you nothing! This has been an issue between Quicken and AMEX banking since at least early July. It has been "worked on", but that work seems to now be at a complete standstill.

• CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭

I believe you Doug - I have a call into AMX too.. as they give specific steps to follow on their site…but get the same error message

- AND NOTE TO KIRSTA This Issue is not a 24 or or a temporary thing…! Very Frustrated !

Here is the AMX link that says it is suppose to work…"" Integrating American Express Savings site with Quicken Find out whether you can integrate American Express Savings with Quicken. Follow these steps to import transactions into Quicken."" https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/banking/online-savings/faq/mint-or-quicken/?linknav=en-US-oneAmex-axpSearchResults-1&searchresult=quicken%20web

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Quicken for Windows user I was just able to use Quicken and download transactions from the "American Express - Banking" connection.
    If you get the CC-885 error on the Mac, until somebody at AmEx gets together with Intuit as the download service provider and they figure out what to do, you may have no other alternative but to follow the instructions in the "Integrating …" link above and download a QFX file with transactions into Quicken.
    Do be sure to Deactivate / Disconnect the account before you start downloading transactions.

OTOH, with my AmEx CD account I only get one transaction per month: the interest payment. It's therefore really not worth the trouble of trying to download transactions daily. I can manually record the interest transaction using a scheduled reminder when I receive the monthly statement PDF file.

• MichaelAngelo
    MichaelAngelo Quicken Mac Subscription Member ✭✭

This problem has gotten worse.

I gave up on One Step Update for my American Express Savings account a month ago.

There are very few transactions in a month, and I grew weary of every day going through the two factor authorization process.

Yesterday, and again today, I logged into my American Express Savings account, downloaded the one transaction outstanding, and presented the QFX file to Quicken. I received a message: Download Unavailable! CC-885.

What worked before is now broken.

Quicken Deluxe for Mac @ Version 7.9.1