Download skips some transactions after placing them in wrong account

Craigsbrowns
Craigsbrowns Quicken Windows Subscription Member

I had One Step Update set up for two accounts. One personal, one business. Quicken (subscription home and business version for PC) put some transactions from the business account in the personal account. For example, Amex payments were placed automatically by Quicken in the personal account, even though Amex was paid from business account. When I manually deleted the Amex payments from the personal account, and tried to turn off OSU and manually redownload the QFX for the business account and sync the business account correctly, it will not put those Amex payments into the business account. They go no where. It's like since I the transactions from from the personal account (which wasn't were they were supposed to go), Quicken won't let them show up anywhere. The business account QFX file imports into Quicken just fine and syncs some of the business transactions, but not the Amex payments, etc. Still missing! Any idea where to even start fixing this? Thank you!

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Craigsbrowns,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. Are these business account transactions that are are downloading into the personal account transfers? A transfer will typically show [account name] in the category column.

It's normal for a transaction you deleted to refuse to redownload. Quicken sees the transaction as already downloaded, which blocks it from downloading again. If it's a small number of transactions, then the simplest way to get them back would be to manually re-enter them. If it's a lot of transactions, then you may want to restore a backup from before the transactions were deleted.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of deleting the misplaced transactions, it might have been better to move the transactions from personal to the business account register.

Do make sure that your accounts are not cross-linked in Quicken: business register is linked to personal account and vice versa. A cross-link would explain why transactions ended up in the wrong register.

To resolve, deactivate both registers. Stop and restart Quicken. Use Tools / Add Account to set up these accounts again and carefully follow the authorization procedure. When you get to the screen listing the accounts found at the bank, for each listed account set the selection to LINK and click to see in a small popup which register the account is linked to. Correct as needed to avoid the cross-link.