Still issues with Citibank NOT One Step Updating

malgaze
malgaze Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I know there were issues with Citibank for the past few weeks but from what I've read, most people have resolved their issues. I have not.

One Step Updating is running but it's not downloading new transactions.

— I have reset the account about 20 times
— I have deactivated and reactivated about 20 times
— I have given Citibank consent: By selecting “Authorize Access”, and received this message "you’re giving Quicken access to the selected accounts. Your accounts have been authorized successfully!"
—Automatic entry is on.

Also occasionally I get this error message when I'm resetting the account, but not consistently

It's extremely frustrating as I have only one Citibank card and it's my primary credit card I use for everything. Manually having to enter transactions defeats the purpose of even using Quicken.

Short of getting on the phone with Quicken, does anyone have ideas?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @malgaze,

I do apologize for this issue that you have been experiencing.

Due to the nature of this error message and the attempted troubleshooting steps, I suggest contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Judyrb
    Judyrb Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I too had this problem for the last 3 weeks and Quicken Kristina's updates (No ETA). After entering about 40 transactions in my 2 Citi credit cards, I became irratated and contacted Quicken support through the Customer care number. There is a fix for the problem but ONLY if you have a Costco Anywhere Visa Card. The fantastic gentleman walked me through it.

Tools > Account List > Edit each of my cards. Then go to Online Services and Deactivate. When it comes back, then go to General and delete the name and account number fields. Go, I think, to Online services and click on add account (can't exatly remember). You will see a screen with a lot of vendors icons' showing and a search line. Only use the search facility and specify Costco. You will then be taken from that point on to your Citi account and your accounts will be authorized and then you will be returned to Quicken to add the account. You do not add, you choose on the drop down, link to existing account. At that point your transactions that have not been downloaded since that error first appeared will be downloaded (only 30 for me, NOT 2 years worth). Accept them. Then try OSU. It worked for me. One point: had I entered my Citi AAdvantage in search or clicked on Citi when choosing the new account, it would NOT have worked. Best call to Quicken Support I have ever made!-my rep was my MVP!

So for all you Clark Howard and Costco fans, you have a solution.