Barclaycard needs repeated "fixing"

Francois
Francois Member ✭✭✭

I don't understand what's going with the Barclay credit card. Every other week it seems that I need to "fix it". I need to re-enter my account credentials, answer a verification question and type in a code they text me. This is getting annoying! I have several other credit cards from Citi, Chase, Capital One, Amex and they all work just fine.

What's going on with Barclay? Is it me or is it them?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Francois,

When did these issues begin to occur with Barclay? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What exactly occurs when you receive the "fix it" prompt?

Let me know!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭✭

I do not get error codes. This is not part the of One Step Update process: this has to do with getting my monthly credit card statements from the "Bills & Income" page (quicken classic for windows).

This problem has been going for several months, on and off, i.e. I fix it by following the prompts and it goes away for a few weeks and then it comes back again.

Here's what I have to do to fix it. First, the issue becomes apparent when on the "Bills & Income" page I get a yellow triangle in the left margin by the card issuer. At that point I will click on it and select "fix it". Then I will get a form requesting me to input my Barclaycard login, password and answers to a couple of verification questions. Finally Barclay will text be a code that I need to enter to complete the process. After that I'm good to go until the next time I'm required to go through this authorization process again.

• Francois
    Francois Member ✭✭✭

@Quicken Jasmine Any idea about what's going on?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Quicken Mac Subscription Moderator mod
    edited October 17

Hello @Francois,

I do apologize for my delayed response. To clarify, you are experiencing this issue with the BarclayCard biller?

If so, I went ahead and checked the internal status of this Online Biller. Unfortunately, it shows a degraded status, which is why it will fail to connect at this time. We do not have an ETA on when this degraded status will be resolved.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.