Updated web app data not syncing to desktop

sbbjjmom
sbbjjmom Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

My husband and I use the web app on different computers to categorize our transactions and then I sync to the desktop to save the changes. Due to computer issues, my laptop was down for the last 3 months so I didn't perform any syncs, however we kept the web app up to date with the new transactions. Now that my laptop is running again, I logged into Quicken desktop and am trying to sync, but none of the updates are coming over. I have confirmed that the data files are the same in both the desktop and web version. How can I force that data to sync down?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @sbbjjmom,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. What method are you using when you try to sync? Do you have your Quicken file set to sync when you close Quicken? Do you sync to the cloud during One Step Update? Are you using the blue Sync Now button on the Quicken Mobile & Web tab? What is happening when you try to sync? Are you seeing any error messages/codes?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• sbbjjmom
    sbbjjmom Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

@Quicken Kristina I do have my desktop software set to remind me to sync when I close Quicken. I go to the menu and select the sync to force a manual sync when I first login to the desktop app so that any changes made to the web application will sync with the desktop before I go about any additional updates, I do it again when I move from one account to the next (if making a lot of updates), and again when I exit. It's also set to sync on close. My sync is set to run during the One Step Update as well. I usually just select Mobile & Web > Cloud Sync from the menu. I don't get any error messages, I just see my transactions listed but they still have the blue dot showing New and are missing categories (even though they are categorized on the web and also set to categorize automatically for known transactions.)

• Quicken Kristina

Thank you for your reply,

Since you have already tried manually telling it to sync and nothing came into the desktop app, did you check on the web app to see if anything new from the desktop app uploaded there? Just wanting to confirm if there's one way communication between the desktop app and the web app or no communication at all.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• Klam
    Klam Quicken Windows Other Member

I'm also getting sync issues.

New transactions will get posted to the web, but changed I make to categorize transactions, or make manual balance adjustments (for example a house that appreciates in value) do not get synced to the web.

I also get and error (http-500) when trying to sync to cloud from classic for windows.

Canada | Quicken Classic Deluxe | Windows 11

• Quicken Kristina

Hello @Klam,

To start troubleshooting this, since you mentioned you're getting a http-500 error, please reset the Quicken Cloud. To do this, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web, then click the blue Reset your cloud data link.

Note - If you do not see the option to reset your cloud data, then you likely have Sync turned off. You would want to turn Sync on, click OK, then navigate back to Mobile & Web and click the Reset your cloud data link.

After the cloud reset finishes, test to see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina