Seems like Chase doesn't get along with Quicken

LivingForEternity
LivingForEternity Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

For the last week I haven't been able to download or connect Quicken to Chase Bank. Quicken Cust. Service says it's a problem with Chase. In looking in this forum, I've seen a long stream of issues between Chase and Quicken that makes me nervous.

Is there any expectation of when this latest problem will be solved?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken never announces an ETA for fixes. The only open "Chase" related issue over in the Alerts Category seems to be this one

but you didn't mention the CC-501 error here so I'd guess this doesn't pertain to you.

You've tried all the "usual" fixes to this problem, as mentioned here?:

Did Quicken support happen to mention what that "problem with Chase" actually was?

• LivingForEternity

After checking, Quicken support just said there was a problem on Chase's side without elaboration. The problem is that my two Chase credit accounts just stopped updating in Quicken. I ended up deactivating their online service and trying to re-establish it. Quicken opens my browser to a Chase login page but after logging in, I just see a white screen with the Chase logo at the top while Quicken shows a circular arrow. After a long time, Quicken gives up and says to try again. I've run through this with Quicken support watching my screen as well. So I'm stuck.

• LivingForEternity

Fixed.

I called Chase. They said it wasn't their problem, so I called Quicken again and this time talked to a person who knew what to do to resolved this.

The problem was my choice of internet browser. Quicken could not add an online service at Chase bank through the BRAVE browser. I had to change my default browser to CHROME to get it to work.

Quicken opens the default browser to the institution's login page and once you login, Quicken takes you to an appropriate authorization page. This last step did not happen in Brave, but did in Chrome.