Quicken 59.18 dropped in this morning.

Fired up Quicken and it immediately updated to 59.18. I really wish Quicken would provide some kind or confirmation box to accept or defer the update. Along with this box, a link to the readme that explains what the update contains.

Once it completes, you can review the release notes to discover this is supposed to fix issues with the online backup. Since I don't use it, there was really no need to force me to update. Just sayin'.

Having said that, the update completed successfully and my Quicken seems to be running OK. No issues with OSU, backup reminders, or other widely reported issues.

Comments

• AlexisoftheShire
    AlexisoftheShire Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭

When you get the Windows UAC message for Quicken to install the update you can just click on NO. I also got the same message this morning and looked at the release notes and declined the app install. FYI.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

In order to get that UAC popup you first need to set your Windows setting for it to "Always Notify." Then whenever Quicken attempts to update the version you will get a notification requesting you to accept or reject the update. Works like a charm.:

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• nmestanas
    nmestanas Member ✭✭✭

I don't have UAC turned on. Don't intend to turn it on. I understand the potential consequences.

Thanks!!

• ranger75230
    ranger75230 Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

This morning's update is not yet available on Quicken's Manual Patch Update page. The most recent update there is the October 7th version 59.10. Is there another place I can look to download the Manual Patch for 59.18? Thanks!

• UserDavidC
    UserDavidC Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

@nmestanas Check out this idea post and vote for it if you wish:

Option to apply Quicken Updates on Close — Quicken

@ranger75230 As far as I know, Quicken doesn't publish a link to these early releases that they deploy only to a couple hundred users and then turn off. However, they will sometimes publish a special link in the community in the thread that the update is suppose to fix so others that have that specific error can test.

Quicken user since 1995.
    Current subscription user.
  • nmestanas
    nmestanas Member ✭✭✭

@ranger75230 I think it takes a few days until they publish the downloadable patch. If you don't get the update when you first open Quicken, you could go to Help/Check for Updates. Executing an OSU usually does it too.

@UserDavidC DONE!

• retird
    retird Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

UAC saved my bacon numerous times with Quicken. I always wait to install updates.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not only of value in allowing you to wait some before updating the version (to see what others are saying about the new version) but it is of even greater value (IMO) after down-revving when a new version didn't work out because you can then keep it from updating to the problematic version, again.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11