I enter a paycheck with income and deductions as negative entries… the last few days, when I enter deductions, the program changes it by a few cents and does not stay as the right # even after changing.
Ex: I enter $35.00, and it changes to $35.01
Hi @mbcarter74, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can see how having Quicken change a deduction amount after you enter the correct value would be concerning. To help us narrow this down, could you please provide a few more details?
Could you also provide a screenshot of the paycheck transaction showing the deduction before and after it changes, if possible?
I look forward to your reply!
I am having a similar problem with Quicken changing the split amounts after I enter them, but not in a paycheck. I created a new transaction in a Savings account. I did not enter an amount or a payee. I just entered the date, went to the category field, and clicked to set up a split. I entered 7 line items. Everything was fine. I entered the 8th line item, selected the category, entered the amount of -38,625.00, and pressed Tab after entering the amount. It displayed correctly. I clicked the “Next” button to go to the next line item, and Quicken changed the amount to -38,624.98. When I tried to change it back to the correct value, Quicken let me type it in, but when I hit return, it reverted to the erroneous value.
This has happened multiple times. I tried exiting and restarting Quicken. I tried validating the file; it showed no errors. I did a full shutdown of my PC and booted up again. The problem persisted.
I am using Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows 11 Home, R69.29. [Edited - Readability]
Hi @mbcarter74 and @dsc17, Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for sharing the details. I was able to replicate the issue on my end and have created an investigation ticket (CBT-1288) for our team to review.
If you haven’t already done so, I suggest uploading your logs through Help > Report a Problem.
Once you’ve uploaded the logs, please let me know so I can add that information to the investigation ticket.
I look forward to your reply! [CTP-18406]
I was able to replicate this with a 2-line split of $100 and $30,000 to two expense Categories.
It appears that hitting Tab after entering the second amount is what triggers this problem. It puts the cursor in the new mostly hidden Percent column. Then going to the next line applies the percentage that was recorded behind the scenes and rounds the amount you entered.
If you click on Next or click on the Category in the next line immediately after typing the amount, this does not happen.
This appears to be the same problem as this one (CTP-18429)
I have uploaded my logs.
Hi @Jim_Harman ,
Thanks for testing this further and for pointing out the connection to CTP-18429.
The issues are similar, but they cover different scenarios. The issue you identified is specifically related to $0 split transactions, while the issue reported here covers a broader problem where amounts entered in split transactions can change when using the Tab key, including non-zero amounts.
Because the reported scenarios are different, we’ll track them under separate tickets. However, the root cause could be the same, or the issues could be related. We’ll make sure this information is noted so the teams can compare the two investigation tickets. Thanks again for taking the time to reproduce this and for sharing your findings!
Hi @dsc17, Thanks for uploading the logs. I’ve added the information to the investigation ticket.
[CTP-18406]
Also, after reading the other posts related to CTP-18429, I retried entering my transaction, with a twist. After entering the $ amount, instead of hitting Tab or Enter or Next, I simply clicked on the Category Field of the next item line. That way my cursor never inadvertently affected the supposedly partially hidden % field. It worked fine.
I am having the same issue where Quicken is "adjusting" the amounts I enter into a split transaction. Super frustrating to watch the program change data I just entered. Reported the problem and sent in my logs. I did go back and the issue is solely connected to using the TAB button to move between lines in the split transaction. It now appears to somehow adjust splits to percentages even though the percentage button is off.
Hi @Brike, Thanks for sending over the logs. I’ve included them in the investigation ticket for further review.
Totally agree, there should be a way to turn off the percentage option. It changes the amounts that I want to enter. I will not tab to avoid this issue for now but it is terrible to have to (remember) to do so. Get rid of percentages!
Hi @Dan Tannenbaum, I understand how frustrating it is. Our team is working on adding a feature that will allow users to turn off the percentage option. This is being tracked under CTP-18407.
At this time, we do not have an estimated timeframe for when this feature will be available.
We appreciate your patience while our team continues working on this. [CTP-18407]
Most of these issues (and many more) are related to the bugs in the new Percent column. Hopefully, once the Percent column gets fixed, many (maybe all?) of these issues should resolve.
I am experiencing the same issue when entering a paycheck. It occurs when I enter the paycheck manually and only affects certain line items. I can confirm that if you correct the line amount and click on another line the correct amount is saved. If I hit enter or tab, the amount changes by a cent.
Hi @Randy 415 and @Jean Zick ,
Thank you for letting us know that you are experiencing this issue as well. I have added your information to the investigation ticket CTP-18407 to help the team with their investigation.
Thank you! [CTP-18407]
I'm having the same issue with Quicken changing the splits by adding or subtracting a penny. It seems to be related to using the tab key to move between split lines. If I use my mouse, it doensn't happen. But that takes me much longer to enter my splits. Hope this gets fixed soon.
Plus there is an extra tab space required when entering a split. For some reason there is a space to the right of the amount field so you have to hit tab twice to move to the next line. I can barely even see the field to the right of the amount field so don't know what that's for. I'd like to get rid of it so I don't have to double tab to advance.
@LAB123 The extra space is for the new percent column. Please see and vote for this Idea
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree. Let people who want to see percentages choose it as a preference. Why should the rest of us have to suffer with the added tab?