FAQ: How do you delete duplicate Flex Spending entries attached to single deduction in Paycheck?

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited July 2018 in FAQ'S (Windows)
I have set up Flex Spending account deductions in my Pay Check under Pre-Tax Deductions. This "split" amount is automatically transfered as a deposit to associated Flex Spending account which shows up under Property and Debt accounts.

Here is the problem:

Somehow duplicate "deposits" have been transferred to the Flex Spending account from my Pay Check entry. The duplicates are attached to a single pay check as a split amount. In one instance there are three (3) entries in my Flex Spending account attached to one (1) Pay Check. When I try to delete any of the three duplicates I get this message for each:

MESSAGE: "This transaction is a transfer to a split and cannot be deleted here."

As one of my attempts to reconcile I deleted the split within Pay Check and then tried deleting the entries in the Flex Spending account. I still get the same message informing me that I can't delete the entry.

As a side note, I know an easy work around is manually creating new transactions in my Flex Spending account to offset the duplicate and hence balance the account but in this case I need to delete the duplicate.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Howard Roark
    Howard Roark Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    "Cut" the paycheck transaction.

Go to the Flex account and "delete" the (now) orphaned transfer.

Return to the account where you cut the paycheck transaction, and "paste" the paycheck transaction.

["Cut transaction(s)" and "Paste transaction(s)" are in the right-click menu and the Edit > Transaction menu.]
This discussion has been closed.