Tracking stock lots

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Hi,
I would love to switch from windows to Mac, but I do need to track some stock lots when I sell.  I understand the Quicken for Mac 2017, doesn't do this the way that the windows version does.  Is there any work around so that I could not assign the lot on sale and then go back in and mark certain lots as sold?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2018
    Options
    There is no explicit lot tracking in Quicken for Mac. It is either FIFO or LIFO, and I don't know of any means of working around this.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options

There is no explicit lot tracking in Quicken for Mac. It is either FIFO or LIFO, and I don't know of any means of working around this.

Agree with John - have not figured out a work-around to specify lots other than LIFO or FIFO.
    You can see the individual lots in the expanded Portfolio View and QMac tracks/reports each lots acquisition date and cost basis. So it appears that some of the ground work has been laid  - just need to develope the capability to permit specifying lots on sale.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You may add your VOTE for the feature to Add Lot Management to Quicken for Mac to support selling specific investment lots , here: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-lot-management-to-quicken-for-mac-to-support...

Be sure to click on the link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page to increase the count and therefore its visibility to the developers.

If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page of THAT feature, your vote will NOT be counted!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.