Quicken for Mac 2017 v4.4.3 Released

Options
2»

Comments

• drdocument
    drdocument Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    When I open Quicken 2017 Help the help window is empty until I search for something.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Is Quicken for Mac moving to a subscription model? From PC World, February 6, 2017, "Quicken shifts to software subscription model, but there's a big catch". 
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3166098/software-as-a-service/quicken-shifts-to-software-subscription...
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2017
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

Is Quicken for Mac moving to a subscription model? From PC World, February 6, 2017, "Quicken shifts to software subscription model, but there's a big catch". 
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/3166098/software-as-a-service/quicken-shifts-to-software-subscription...

See this thread:

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-inc-should-reverse-its-decision-to-chang...
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

Thanks. Found it. Here is what I posted: As a Mac user I'm offended because since "upgrading" from QM2007 I have felt like a beta tester trying to help the developers understand what needs to be fixed and added to make it almost as useful as the Windows product. I'm hoping the new Banktivity upgrade will be a significant improvement over QM2016. It doesn't have to be as good as Quicken for Windows since the Mac version has never been anywhere near as complete.
  • Snoopy FC
    Snoopy FC Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

I'll just add that I'm not a fan of a subscription model approach.  I know it doesn't apply to QM2017, but I don't want to see it pertain to a future release either.  If it came to that, I think I'd stick with what I had previously or find something that wasn't subscription based.  
    QMac Subscription - iMac - Quicken Mac user since 1995
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2017
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

Hey folks, let's please keep this thread focused on issues related to the 4.4.3 release and post all comments related to the subscription model on the thread cited above. Thanks.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    RCinNJ said:

agreed....let's keep related thoughts together...it's good forum etiquette and it keeps things organized and on topic.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Lisa J Sims
    Lisa J Sims Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I goofed and tried to convert my files from Mac 2007 to Mac 2017 and now
    it wants me to manually put in all my accounts and files. But when I
    open 2017 and try to restore a backup none of my backups are highlighted
    so I cannot restore them into 2017 or convert into 2017
  • Quicken Colin
    Quicken Colin Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Creating a separate conversation.Please reference the new conversation here: Issues after converting from Quicken 2007 for Mac to 2017 for Mac
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

Title needs to be corrected. Should be to 2017 not 2015.

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Quicken Colin
    edited February 2017
    Options

The link wont' be updated but I did fix the title
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options

BTW, you can actually change the wording in the link without change the link itself. ;-)

• Quicken Colin
    edited February 2017
    Options

Just for you :)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    When I attempt to download my accounts from my bank, the amounts showing in my Quicken account are very different from what the bank shows.  About $2000 in one account.  Part of the reason is that insurance payments from health companies (I'm a psychologist) show up on the bank website, but don't appear on my Quicken accounts.    
  • steve45
    steve45 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have problems downloading transactions also. I enter transactions in Quicken daily as they happen. Monday of this week I uploaded a bill payment to my bank. That worked fine. However Quicken changed a $4000.00 transaction from 3 weeks ago to a deposit for some unknown reason which resulted in an $8000.00 error. It would be nice if there was a way to review downloaded transactions before they are put into an account register like the windows version allows you to do.
  • Quicken Colin
    edited February 2017
    Options

When I attempt to download my accounts from my bank, the amounts showing in my Quicken account are very different from what the bank shows.  About $2000 in one account.  Part of the reason is that insurance payments from health companies (I'm a psychologist) show up on the bank website, but don't appear on my Quicken accounts.    

Creating a separate conversation

Please reference the new conversation here: Missing transactions when downloading accounts
  • Quicken Colin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    steve45 said:

I have problems downloading transactions also. I enter transactions in Quicken daily as they happen. Monday of this week I uploaded a bill payment to my bank. That worked fine. However Quicken changed a $4000.00 transaction from 3 weeks ago to a deposit for some unknown reason which resulted in an $8000.00 error. It would be nice if there was a way to review downloaded transactions before they are put into an account register like the windows version allows you to do.

Creating a separate conversation

Please reference the new conversation here: Reviewing downloaded transactions in Quicken for Mac
This discussion has been closed.