export diviends description needs shares separate from company name

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
xport investment dividends to excel, the description has shares followed by company. it would be a lot better if the shares were separate from the company name  separated by comma so excel would have the shares in a field by itself and company name would also be separate and available for sorting in excel...

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    How/where did you exporf from? A register report? A different report? The Portfolio?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In QW 2017 Premier if you open the Investment Transactions report and export in Excel format it produces a tab delimited file with the security names, symbols, share quantities, and prices in separate fields. You can customize this for date ranges, securities and accounts to include, etc. Is this what you are looking for?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    pdclmc:

Try using CTL-c from a report, and then paste it into Excel. Works a lot better IMO.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Bob for reminding me of ctrl-C that does work well for what it does. But this does not allow me to get the shares separate from the stock in the spreadsheet. I would like to see the reinvested shares at the end of the stock cell or separate. This is so I can sort one account that has many stocks that report divs qtrly and I want to get them collated together to get the sum of DIVs from those companies so I can match them with the 1099's that are sent for tax reporting.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Thanks again BOB... That did give me separate columns..... I did the sorting in Excel and my consolidation looks pretty good. Now I can start the tax season with an upfront summary of DIV values that I can just have to confirm with the 1099 when they are issued... Good to hear from you...
  • mshiggins
    edited March 2017

pdlmc, you know you can customize an investment transaction report to select dividend transactions and subtotal by security, don't you? That is what I use to cross check my dividends against my 1099s.

Here is how you would customize the investment transaction report:

First, select Subtotal by security in the Display tab.

Next, select the dividend and/or reinvested dividend actions in the Actions tab.

Then set your date range and any other desired customizations and click OK. Once you have the report the way you like it, be sure to Save and give it a descriptive name so you can easily find and run it again.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    Thanks MShiggins! This is actually what I generate manually!! Good call on the CUSTOMIZATION. I set it up just as you suggested and I have the report. I may still do this in Excel since I'm such a do-it-your-selfer but this works too... 
  • mshiggins
    edited February 2017
    pdclmc said:

Thanks MShiggins! This is actually what I generate manually!! Good call on the CUSTOMIZATION. I set it up just as you suggested and I have the report. I may still do this in Excel since I'm such a do-it-your-selfer but this works too... 

You are quite welcome! I use both the Quicken report and Excel as well.

This discussion has been closed.