Cannot connect to NetXInvestor Account . No Financial Institution option available

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
When trying to connect to NetXInvestor Account Quicken 17 doesn't have option to enter Financial Institution as it is setup correctly in Turbo Tax.  

All options to connect doesn't have a separate input box to enter.  Without this NetXInvestor will not allow connection.  It works perfectly in Turbo Tax, so it is possible if Quicken will update to be the same as Turbox Tax for NetXInvestor.

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    What version of Quicken for MAC do you operate ?  I note that NetXinvestor is set up to handle direct connect in QM17 V4.4.3image
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    I just purchased and using Quicken 17.  The connection worked flawlessly with Turbo Tax using the same settings except dialogue in the Quicken version doesn't have a data field for the financial institution like Turbo Tax does.  You cannot connect to NetXInvestor without entering that 3 digit code.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    When you use direct connect the same username & pw that you use to get on the website will work with direct connect. Best not get to focused on TT to solve the problem
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Okay.  I spoke with representative from NetX and they told me that the 3 digit code Financial Institution + username + password is required.  There is no option in quicken to enter the 3 digit code.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017

Okay.  I spoke with representative from NetX and they told me that the 3 digit code Financial Institution + username + password is required.  There is no option in quicken to enter the 3 digit code.

Can we assume the 3 digit code is not required when you access the NetX websites?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

No. 3 digit code IS required each time you access.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017

It appears that NetX is not Quicken friendly. I see no avenue to enter the 3 digit code.

Have not heard of this before, might be time for you to contact Quicken support directly if they can't help on this you may need to pound on NetX.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

I have reached out to NetX, as this fails on Quicken 2017 Windows as well.  Also trying to contact Quicken Support but hold times are (as we all know) quite lengthy.  32 minutes and holding...
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

What is curious, however, is that I can get the account to link via Mint.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017

with or w/o the 3 digit code?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Supposedly the "user name" becomes the three digit institution code with the user name concatenated onto it.  Password remains the same.  However, that is not working for me on a Windows version.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017

Looks to me that NetX does not have a contract with QW or QM
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

For linking to Mint, there is the option of entering the institution code.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017

sounds like someone needs to get NetX interested in supporting Quicken for MAC
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Or Quicken interested in supporting NetX...probably a 2-way street.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2017

Well this is not my element so i will leave it to you & Johnny to coax the players 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Intuit owns Mint.  They do not own Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017

Intuit owns Mint.  They do not own Quicken.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    You might want to take a look at this post.  It worked for me on the Windows platform.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...

Do you have the brokerage name that is using NetXInvestor as their web platform?  If so you might be able to go direct with that and avoid using the institution code as a part of an odd, concatenated login name.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017

When you enter your ID, add the 3 financial institution at the beginning.
    such as: Fin Inst - 38A, ID: solution.
    You would enter as ID: 38Asolution.
    I just tried it and it worked.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    When you enter your ID, add the 3 financial institution at the beginning.
    such as: Fin Inst - 38A, ID: solution.
    You would enter as ID: 38Asolution.
    I just tried it and it worked.
  • Alan.Guggenheim
    Alan.Guggenheim Member ✭✭
    I am trying to add some new accounts, but I always get the error: Sorry. We encountered an error. This is not your fault...
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Alan.Guggenheim

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your question, however, this is an older post and less likely to receive an answer.

I would suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, any error messages as well as the version of Quicken.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.