Will there be a Quicken Home and Business for Mac in the future? (213 Legacy Votes +1 Merged Vote)

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

Exactly.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks for putting a vote for a Home and Business version.  Anyone else interested in this?  We still have quite a bit of functionality to add to Quicken for Mac just to get it even close to Quicken Windows so the reality is it may be some time before we get there but would love to find out how many people are interested in this.

I was astonished to see that such a major software product is not offered for Mac. So many of us creative types (writers, graphic artists, web designers) run small Mac-based businesses. This is like asking if it's worth adding internet capability to the computers you sell... um, duh.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

To Nancy and Theresa and others who have chimed in recently on this thread: I don't think anyone -- including the folks at Quicken -- think a Home & Business version for the Mac is a bad idea. It's purely an issue of whether they allocate limited programming resources, and how much revenue they could generate if they created such a product. If you currently use or have tried the current basic Quicken 2017 for Mac, you know that it lacks many features compared to the Windows version. The Mac product was re-started from scratch a few years ago, and the small Mac development team still has a long list of feature requests to bring the Mac product closer to parity with Quicken Deluxe for Windows. They need to finish building out those core features before they can even consider building the extra Home & Business features. That's why, I'm sorry to say, it's unlikely there will be a H&B version for the Mac in the near future. But if there's strong interest in such a product -- which is what the product manager asked in starting this thread -- they may able to eventually decide it's worth devoting the people and time to building a H&B version for Mac. I hope that helps add some perspective to why H&B doesn't yet exist for the Mac.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

yes please, just switched from pc to mac
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

I too had been an original windows quicken user - I switched to a mac to run my business 8 years ago after my last dell computer bit the dust.  I was VERY disappointed that there was no home and business for my mac and and still disappointed in that - I am starting up my business again and would need to have a business product for my income/expenses.  Since it appears that Quicken will not be coming out with a home and business I will have to look for another option.  Does anyone here know of alternatives?

yes, Quickbooks is an excellent way for you to go; Get the online version..Very smooth
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I'm not a creative type, just business type, and as most of my colleagues, a Mac user for quite some time. Having the Home and Business on the Mac should be a no-brainer. Can't wait!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

My quicken just stopped working on my mac.   Is there anything out there that will work on Mac?
    Am tired of fighting to try and get it to function 
    Thanks, 
    Anna M. 

would like to purchase H&B but have a mac, any estimate on roll-out?
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

My quicken just stopped working on my mac.   Is there anything out there that will work on Mac?
    Thanks, 
    Anna M. 

Donna, if you read his thread from the top, you'll see that the Mac product manager was just trying to gauge interest in the potential for a Mac H&B product. It's not something that's close to being released, and it's probably not under development yet. They have a lot of work to still do to bring Quicken for Mac closer to parity with Quicken for Windows, and I think they'd need to accomplish that before adding on to the base program to add the H&B functionality. My guess is that it's at least a year, and more likely 2+ years off -- assuming they decide to create such a product in the first place.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I  started with quicken since it initial introduction, graduated to QBook Pro for Mac 2015  because of its functionality and had to updated the Software for sole purpose of continuing  Online Banking downloading entries  since its limited for your use for 2-3 years.  I would like to see continued support for the sole proprietor industry and have several more Intuit software for Mac.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Thanks, 
    Anna M. 

My understanding there's not much of possibility to be available.  Premonition tell me they direction use user for those Online Apps instead.  I want my privacy and not being subjected to become hacked. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    In addition allow exporting to all file extensions. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2017
    Do update List of Banks in ONLINE BANKING SET UP.  (According to a window integrated it supposed to be updated daily)  Individual purchases of Intuit products generates sufficient revenue to also allow customer demand and satisfaction.  
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

Rafael, Quicken is no longer part of Intuit. Intuit continues to focus on Quickbooks and Mint. Quicken is an independent company.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

What a headache.  Thanks for the info!
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

Well, the *hope* is that by being an independent company, Quicken will be able to focus on doing basically one thing great, and build better software than when they were a small fish in a big pond at Intuit. We're just coming up on the first anniversary of the split, and I think it's still too soon to judge whether things will end up being better for users.
  • Rod Scherencel
    Rod Scherencel Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I have already noticed a huge improvement in Quicken's customer service (tech support). Good job so far, guys!! (PS - I still want Quicken Home and Business for Mac).
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes please. I switched to using quicken on my Mac and prepping for my taxes as a self employed person is a headache. I really loved Home and Business. 
  • TravelingRae
    TravelingRae Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

I have literally tried every single Mac personal and business software out there. The few that have any longevity do not meet my needs as a small business owner (eg. iBank) or are proper accounting suites that are way too expensive and complicated.

After reading the reviews for Quicken for Mac 2017 as compared to previous versions, I decided to give it a try and am cautiously optimistic about it. There is a lot that is annoying me when it comes to data entry (please give us a way to stop auto fill of the past amounts and notes for a category as that creates more work!), but so far, Quicken for Mac 2017 has been by far been the best compromise I've found between personal finance software and a full on accounting suite.

So I would very much like to encourage further development of this product to add more features. I'm coming into Quicken "cold" never having used the Windows version so I have no point of comparison. I'm only just starting and I'm sure that missing features will start to crop up as I continue to make the switch from my old software.

For now, I know I want a way to make it less US-centric for Canadian tax purposes so I can track my GST more easily. I also travel constantly so multicurrency support as a Windows Quicken using friend showed me would be appreciated. 2016 was an exceptional year in that I used nine currencies, but I use three (CAD, USD, and MXN) on a daily basis.

But most importantly, please don't drop this project and move to something else or, possibly even worse, decide to scrap it and start again from the ground up. I can't count the number of times this happened to me over the years. It makes it very difficult to have any sort of continuity of records. I saw another thread about Quicken going to a subscription model. I don't know if that will happen with the Mac version, but I've decided that I would be okay with going that way if I had confidence I could still be using that software several years down the road.

So well done so far and thank you.

Rae
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

@TravelingRae: this is way off the topic of Quicken Home & Business for Mac, but to address one thing in your post above, there *is* a way to avoid auto-fill in data entry. Enter the Payee and then OPTION-TAB to the next field; Quicken will keep the Payee but leave all the other fields (amount, category, memo, etc.) blank instead dog auto-filling. Hope that helps.
  • TravelingRae
    TravelingRae Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Thank you! That's really a pain, but I'm so glad there is a solution. Glad I brought it up and thank you for replying even if it was off topic.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Yes I would like Quicken for MAC home and business.  Quicken is why I still have a windows machine
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

I am VERY interested!!  Is there a way to get updated on this?
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

Quicken is unlikely to comment about a potential future product, at least until it is imminent. As I've written elsewhere in this thread, it's unlikely a Home & Business version for Mac will come out anytime soon. The developers still have a lot of work to do to add features from Quicken Deluxe for Windows to the existing Mac product, as well as re-engineering some of the back-end server processes which Quicken is paying former parent Intuit to run. Building a H&B version for Mac likely won't happen until those are further along, if they decide to do it.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

not sure if my vote counts, however I would like Quicken H&B Canadian version  sooner than later even if it costs a few more dollars. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I would really like Quicken Home & Business for Mac
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2019

No disrespect but you will be waiting quite awhile for this assuming Quicken is even entertaining it. They are busy bringing QM17 up to parity with QM & QW2007
  • jacobs
    edited November 2019

Since this thread is quite long and new readers here may not have read all the way through it, anyone interested in a Mac version of Home & Business might find this post I made several months ago higher up in the thread helpful in understanding why such a product is likely two or more years in the future, if they decide to build one.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

The length of this thread would seem to indicate a high level of interest. Is anyone passing this along to the Quicken folks? They could be missing out on a good opportunity here. Real shame if one of their competitors stepped in and filled the gap.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2019

Not much expectation with quickbook and intuit.  After 20 + years of usage! PROBLEMATIC EVERY STAGE!