Add IRR to Quicken Mac 2017

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Attention Quicken Mac management!!

Please add the IRR (Internal Rate of Return) functionality to Quicken Mac 2017, like you had 10 years ago in 2007!  This is the best indicator of investment performance for serious investors.  I know that programming it in is a little difficult because it is an iterative calculation, but I'm sure that the development team can do it.  Until it's there, I'm afraid that I will remain firmly planted in the Quicken Mac 2007 world, even if I need to maintain an old MacOS to remain there.
Tagged:

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This should be part of the Portfolio View, so you may want to add your VOTE to Add ability to customize the portfolio view and the IRR Report.

First, click on each underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THAT feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests Related to Investments and the List of Requests for Report Types. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I agree... Quicken must add rate of return for Mac users. Presently there isn't any way to judge an investment return and this is severely lacking when compared to the Windows versions. I have been asking for this through the website for a while now.

Quicken.... Please support us investors with reporting information!

Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nothing is more important for investment monitoring.  It seems like QM2017 is all add/subtract/multiply/divide mathematics, and fancy graphics.  Anything that requires numerical methods to solve isn't there.  Why would anyone be proactive enough to enter investments into Quicken, but then not be interested to see the IRR??   ROI is basically meaningless.
  • Lyn Buddenhagen
    Lyn Buddenhagen Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I totally agree, IRR calculation is a must-have if you are going to provide investment functions at all. (Also good merger, stock split, spinoff, return of capital capabilities - it's no longer the 1980s, these happen all the time.)
    I do understand that QM2017 is being built from the ground up; it's not an enhancement of QM2007, btw. But I bought QM207 almost a year ago and no substantial improvements! PS: yes I already voted on IRR and List of Requests.
  • Mike43
    Mike43 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Add my voice to this list. Still nurturing Quicken for Mac 2007 along only because of the IRR feature. 

Quicken Mac user since 1995

This discussion has been closed.