I cannot find the 401k update wizard in Quicken 2016

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I just got my quarterly statement and I'm trying to update the balance on my 401k account.  I'm using Quicken 2016 and I can't find the Update Wizard.  Please help.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Have you looked at the options available when you click the Account Actions gear icon in your 401(k) investment account register?

My old, long closed 401(k) account shows several "Update ..." actions to choose from.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In 2017 Premier, it looks like if online access is not enabled for the account, you get a choice on the gear dropdown for the account "Update 401(k) holdings" which leads to the wizard. If online access is enabled, this choice disappears.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017
    Thank you Jim.  That did the trick!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2017

In 2017 Premier, it looks like if online access is not enabled for the account, you get a choice on the gear dropdown for the account "Update 401(k) holdings" which leads to the wizard. If online access is enabled, this choice disappears.

BTW that actually sounds like a "wise choice" on the part of the Quicken developers.

The 401K wizard is going to result in placeholders.  Those would play havoc with trying to maintain transactions downloaded from the financial institution.  Not to mention the downloaded transactions themselves.

So a person really needs to decide if they want to download and do maintain all the correct transactions or use not download, and use this wizard.
This discussion has been closed.