Can I import only one account from QM 2007 to QM2017?

One of the accounts from QM 2007 did not completely import to QM 2017. I have already spent hours fixing many errors in other accounts that the import generated and do not want to start over with a completely new import. I realized on of the accounts only partially imported and it has years of missing data. I do not see any option that allows for selective importing of QM 2007 data. What are my options?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Everything should come in completely without issues. It sounds like your original file was corrupt; hence all the errors you were swatting.

You might not want to hear this, but I suggest you reindex your 2007 file and reimport:
    1. Open your Quicken data file in 2007.
    2. Open the Accounts window and then simultaneously press the Command, Option and B keys on the keyboard.
    3. Reindexing will begin. Once it has finished, then go to the File menu and select Save A Copy.
    Do this, and import that copy into a new file to be imported into 2017.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    But if you find you need to only import one account from QM2007, you can also try to export only the data you want, then QM2017 allows importing multiple files from QM2007 to merge them. 

But be sure to create backups before attempting any of this just in case something does not work out.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I tried to import the one account and this is the response that I got from Quicken 2017: Quicken 2017 can only import qif files into empty documents.

Any suggestions?
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Christy said:

I tried to import the one account and this is the response that I got from Quicken 2017: Quicken 2017 can only import qif files into empty documents.

Any suggestions?

Sorry, you cannot use the QIF format because QM2017 only uses it for one purpose. Instead you need to use the Save a Copy...feature and select the date range, then delete all unneeded data...then to merge the data you would have your existing data file open in QM2017 then open the newly modified QM2007 data file in QM2017 and it will prompt you to merge the two. A tedious process but that is pretty much the only option short of what @John in NC suggested above.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Christy said:

Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, you can add your VOTE to Add Ability to Select Content of QXF File for Export.

First
    , click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

This idea will eventually be added to the List of Requests for Data and File Management FeaturesClick on the underlined link, then click FOLLOW at the top of the page so you can be notified of any new related IDEAS to which you could add your vote when they are added.

This discussion has been closed.