When upgrading to Quicken tarter can I setup my iMac as the desktop and my MacBook Pro as a mobile d

Options
I am running Quicken 2017 on MacOS  High Sierra Ver.10.13 on both my iMac and MacBook Pro. Can I setup Quicken upgrade "Starter 2018" on my iMac and use the MacBook Pro as my mobile device or does the mobile device have to be iOS (i.e.-iPhone, iPad etc.)?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The mobile device has to be iPhone, iPad or Android device.

BTW, I don't think you can go from Quicken Mac 2017 to Quicken Mac Starter Edition (2018).  The Starter Edition is just that....for "starters".

You'll need to purchase Quicken Mac Deluxe. 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited August 2018
    Options
    BTW, you can install Quicken on three computers with the same license. 
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ProGolfer said:

BTW, I don't think you can go from Quicken Mac 2017 to Quicken Mac Starter Edition (2018).  The Starter Edition is just that....for "starters".

Since the Mac version never had the various "flavors" in the past, yes, it has been confirmed you can upgrade to Starter. (It will import unlike other Starter versions.)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Unconfirmed
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ProGolfer said:

Also note, that Starter Edition has NO support for investment accounts.  Strictly banking and credit card accounts only.  
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ProGolfer said:

BTW, you can install Quicken on three computers with the same license. 

Actually, it has been clarified by Quicken internally that the limit has been removed (there is no longer any reference to limits in the T&C's). The key is that all installations need to use the same Quicken ID, which can limit certain features, like access to only one Credit Score per ID. 

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.