I am converting from QM2007 to QM2018. checking acct is out of balance

I am converting from QM2007 to QM2018. The balance on my checkbook is not correct. I have 17 years of data and cannot find any errors. Can anybody help me? Thanks, Chuck

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2017
    I ́ve had that problem with migrating from QW15 to QM.  Terrible errors on account balances and stock and fund balances.  Totally unusable.  Technical support was of no use whatsoever.  Major suspects are the lack of support for foreign currency transactions, and also if there were transactions on the QW file from the time when Quicken supported linked Bank/Investment transactions.  There could be more problems.  Major, and critical flaws on the migration function, which still haven't been corrected.  All in all, completely unusable for me, and I had to return QM.  
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited November 2017
    Look thru the register the best you can , I feel your pain its a lot of data, but you may have multiple duplicate transactions.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Consider also Placeholder transactions that are greyed out typically at the start of registers. Delete them and see if that helps (make a backup of your data beforehand).

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    I ́ve had that problem with migrating from QW15 to QM.  Terrible errors on account balances and stock and fund balances.  Major suspects are the lack of support for foreign currency transactions, and also if there were transactions on the QW file from the time when Quicken supported linked Bank/Investment transactions.  There could be more migration problems.  I had to return QM.  
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

I ́ve had that problem with migrating from QW15 to QM.  Terrible errors on account balances and stock and fund balances.  Major suspects are the lack of support for foreign currency transactions, and also if there were transactions on the QW file from the time when Quicken supported linked Bank/Investment transactions.  There could be more migration problems.  I had to return QM.  

Granted that those issues are valid for QWin to QMac conversion (including QMac 2018) BUT this is a QMac to QMac upgrade...QM2007 does not even allow foreign currency transactions nor is there the functionality for linked bank/investment accounts. So not applicable in this case.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.