Transfer from MMA in my investment account to my brokerage savings account

Patrick Day
Patrick Day Member ✭✭
edited August 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I recently converted from Mac2007 to Mac2018. Due to the weak reporting capabilities in 2018, I continue to use 2007 for downloads and manually enter data in 2018. I recently began taking distributions from my IRA and, when converted, they showed up as transfers from my investment account (a MMA set up as a security) to my savings account. When I try to replicate the same transaction manually, I receive a message that the transaction will not show up in this filtered view. I have expanded view to include transfers on both the investment account and the savings account, but still receive the message. Is there something else I am missing? Also, can I create a category for IRA distributions (income) and still make a transfer? I saw something in posts re: linking transfers.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2017
    There are two basic reasons why you can legitimately get the "not shown in this filtered view" message:

1) you have filter(s) set in the register. If present, click the red X on the Clear Filters button.

2) you are entering a scheduled transaction and you don't have the register set to view scheduled transactions far enough into the future (this setting is found in the settings for the individual account). 

If neither of those is the cause, some users have been reporting transactions disappearing into a black hole with this "filtered view" message appearing. So far, nobody has figured out what's causing this. If that's your situation, I'd encourage you to submit a bug report using the menu Help > Report a problem and/or contact Quicken Support.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Patrick Day
    Patrick Day Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the quick reply. I must be getting old, though, as I don't see a Clear Filters button in the register view. Am I looking in the wrong place?
  • RickO
    edited December 2017

Thanks for the quick reply. I must be getting old, though, as I don't see a Clear Filters button in the register view. Am I looking in the wrong place?

No, if there's no Clear Filters button, it means the filters are already cleared. (They should all start with Any or All.)

Is it a scheduled transaction that is "not shown in this filtered view"?
  • Patrick Day
    Patrick Day Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It is not...it is a manual transaction I am trying to enter. I think your "black hole" response is applicable, in this case, as there is no evidence of any transaction after I enter and the message comes on. 
  • RickO
    edited December 2017
    Yup, it sounds like the black hole. Please report it.
  • Patrick Day
    Patrick Day Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for your help, anyway. 
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Meanwhile, you may want to add your votes to:First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, I highly recommend you to add your VOTES to related IDEAS found on the: Click on each underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. This will help make the transition easier for you when you are ready to upgrade by seeking to have the features you are used to in QM2007 end up in the latest version.
    Your VOTES matter!

For background, you may want to read this post too.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.