Manual enter of Stock Prices

Options
Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I enter my financial info directly from my statement to track balances. It would be very nice if I had the freedom to enter the stock price myself. Can we please have that feature?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Options
    You don't mention which version of Quicken you are using, but in all versions, you can enter stock prices manually.

In QMac 2015-2018, open the Securities window (menu Window > Securities). Click on a stock, then click the pencil icon at the bottom (or just double click the stock). Then click on Price History at the top. Fill in the fields (High, Low and Volume are optional). Then click Add. Lather, rinse and repeat.

If you click the Options button at the bottom, then Import History from CSV File, it will allow you to import any number of price points all at once from a Comma Separated Value file (essentially an Excel file). When you choose that option, a popup will provide instructions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I just set up Q2017 for Mac about 2 months ago. I previously used Q2003 for Windows XP. I like doing everything manually and all works ok except the financials.
  • RickO
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Carol, I don't understand your response. The entire Quicken program is about financials. 

Did my reply not answer your question about manually entering stock prices?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    In your first response you stated that I did not mention which version of Q I was using so, I gave you the info.

Sorry my use of the term financial was misleading. I'm trying to set up my investments. I tried what you suggested but it is not working as I can't get same balance as is on my statement but will try again.
  • RickO
    edited December 2017
    Options

In your first response you stated that I did not mention which version of Q I was using so, I gave you the info.

Sorry my use of the term financial was misleading. I'm trying to set up my investments. I tried what you suggested but it is not working as I can't get same balance as is on my statement but will try again.

Okay, let us know if you get it working. If not, I'm sure we can figure it out.

BTW, if you don't want quotes to download automatically, you need to uncheck the box in Preferences > General:

If quotes are being downloaded, then those prices might override the price you are entering and not exactly match the price on your statement, thus making your numbers disagree a bit.

Also, if you are comparing Quicken's portfolio to your statement, you would want to tell Quicken to give you values for the same date as the closing date of the statement. You can do so in the upper right corner of the Portfolio view:

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Options
    RickO said:

You don't mention which version of Quicken you are using, but in all versions, you can enter stock prices manually.

In QMac 2015-2018, open the Securities window (menu Window > Securities). Click on a stock, then click the pencil icon at the bottom (or just double click the stock). Then click on Price History at the top. Fill in the fields (High, Low and Volume are optional). Then click Add. Lather, rinse and repeat.

If you click the Options button at the bottom, then Import History from CSV File, it will allow you to import any number of price points all at once from a Comma Separated Value file (essentially an Excel file). When you choose that option, a popup will provide instructions.

You can add your VOTE to Add ability to manually update security quotes within the portfolio window.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version.

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the List of Requests for Data Entry and Usability Options and Features and the List of Requests Related to Investments. Click on the underlined link, then follow the instructions to add your vote to more related ideas. Your VOTES matter!

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.