Missing Transactions - Can I Merge?

I neglected to download transactions from my USAA account for a few months, and now when I synch I see I'm missing transactions from 9/1 - 11/15.   I was able to export from my account into a csv file, and then I purchased a converter (CSV2QFX v3 from ProperSoft) that converted this data into a QFX file.  Now however when I import into Quicken 2017 (Mac) it puts all of the imported transactions into a new file rather than merging these missing transactions into my checking account.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I'm wanting to avoid typing in 200 transactions, though that's what I may end up doing.

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    If you use CSV for importing, apparently the file name has to match exactly the name of the account register in Quicken to load into that register (from other reporting on this).

That said, you can merge/migrate the transactions by simply selecting some (Shift-Click or CMD-Click) or all the transactions (CMD-A) in the new register and simply click and drag them into the old register.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
     .....it puts all of the imported transactions into a new file rather than merging these missing transactions into my checking account.
    Does it put the imported transactions into a new file? - or into a new account (in the existing file)?
    If the later, you can drag/drop the transactions from one account to another. When done, delete the unneeded account.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    And since you can't have two registers open side by side...to clarify when you drag and drop, you'll drop onto the account name in the Account Sidebar. 
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

And since you can't have two registers open side by side...to clarify when you drag and drop, you'll drop onto the account name in the Account Sidebar. 

Actually one can have multiple registers open side by side.
    Double-click the account names in the side bar - you get the pop-up registers and can arrange as desired.
    Just checked and you can drag/drop from one register to the other in this mode.

The alternative of is as you indicate - drag to the account name in the side bar.
    Quicken user since 1991

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2017

Well, that's not truly "side by side".  One on top of the other is more like it.

When I tried double clicking on an account name, I got a pop up register to appear.

When I tried double clicking on another account name, I got that pop up register to appear...but the first one disappeared.  

I'm assuming that's the normal behavior. 
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

By my definition of "side by side" I can display two popup registers with no overlap of the common sides. Can add additional popup registers with some overlap.

Spend a few minutes experimenting with it.
    Quicken user since 1991

• Edward Stokes
    Edward Stokes Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018

If you use CSV for importing, apparently the file name has to match exactly the name of the account register in Quicken to load into that register (from other reporting on this).

That said, you can merge/migrate the transactions by simply selecting some (Shift-Click or CMD-Click) or all the transactions (CMD-A) in the new register and simply click and drag them into the old register.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Yes - this works!  Many thanks.
  • Edward Stokes
    Edward Stokes Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    JM said:

.....it puts all of the imported transactions into a new file rather than merging these missing transactions into my checking account.
    Does it put the imported transactions into a new file? - or into a new account (in the existing file)?
    If the later, you can drag/drop the transactions from one account to another. When done, delete the unneeded account.Yes - this is good advice.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

ywc. Glad it worked out.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.