Quicken for Mac 2007: ..can't update data file on quitting.

Options
2»

Comments

• Mark439
    Mark439 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Options
    OK.   FYI:     I got the partition done right.    Just a 7GB Mac OS Extended and ALL the rest is the internal boot drive.    Thought about how I had done it.     Went back to DU partition and used the cursor to fit the 7GB after the internal boot space, or at the top of the partition map.    This did not divide the boot drive space, and I wound up with only the 7GB and the 114GB boot partition.

But I found no instruction about doing this.    Anyway, should be OK now.   Moved all data files onto the 7 gigger.      I like this method.   It's convenient.    Thought I had lost it.     But I'm a stubborn Scot.    As you suggested, will check reindexing from the partition eventually.  

Assume CCC will certainly distinguish to the correct source partition when I want to back up the boot partition. ?     I can find out from them if problems.

Don't know anything about TM yet.    I understand it sets itself up ??     It will have to be an external, of course.      

Thanks, ....  Mark
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Mark said:

OK.   FYI:     I got the partition done right.    Just a 7GB Mac OS Extended and ALL the rest is the internal boot drive.    Thought about how I had done it.     Went back to DU partition and used the cursor to fit the 7GB after the internal boot space, or at the top of the partition map.    This did not divide the boot drive space, and I wound up with only the 7GB and the 114GB boot partition.

But I found no instruction about doing this.    Anyway, should be OK now.   Moved all data files onto the 7 gigger.      I like this method.   It's convenient.    Thought I had lost it.     But I'm a stubborn Scot.    As you suggested, will check reindexing from the partition eventually.  

Assume CCC will certainly distinguish to the correct source partition when I want to back up the boot partition. ?     I can find out from them if problems.

Don't know anything about TM yet.    I understand it sets itself up ??     It will have to be an external, of course.      

Thanks, ....  Mark

Glad you worked it out. For CCC, I assume you will have to set up a new backup script (not familiar with v5 capabilities...still using v3.4.7). 

As for TM, yes, you need a separate volume or partition...and yes the best option (though not the only one) is a separate physical drive.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.