When I enter the face value of a bond purchase through "Buy Bonds", the face value of the bond in th

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited August 2018 in Investing (Mac)
See the attached images below:: The American Express bond had a face value of $4000 and the Apache bond had a face value of $4000. The America Express bond face value appeared as $40,000,000 and the Apache face value appeared as $40,000 in the portfolio. Out of 26 bonds entered only 4 showed the proper face value in the portfolio. I cannot get an accurate accounting of my holdings. How can I correct this?

imageimageimage

Comments

• Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    I believe your showing the wrong amount in the price per share, where you have the price at 100.426 it should be 1.00426, this should then give you the correct amount in the portfolio.

I have attached a screen shot of one of my bonds, you will not I have used the commission to round out the dollar amount

Mike B

• mskreind
    mskreind Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Michael B said:

I believe your showing the wrong amount in the price per share, where you have the price at 100.426 it should be 1.00426, this should then give you the correct amount in the portfolio.

I have attached a screen shot of one of my bonds, you will not I have used the commission to round out the dollar amount

Mike B

Buy bond instructions say to enter the face value of the bond divided by 100 to get the Quicken shares. Next the price per $100 is entered.  That is exactly what I did and the portfolio value was way off. If you use $1.+ the purchase price is incorrect.
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Michael B said:

Mike B

The screen shot Mike B uploaded is for buying a stock or mutual fund, not a bond. Quicken has a problem with face values of bonds.  The most recent update corrects the coupon rate problem which mskreind's uploaded Portfolio View also demonstrates.  The Face Value problem persists.  We need the programmers to take notice and fix this.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Michael B said:

Mike B

As per the directions of intuit Admin, you can submit your request for bugs/features for quicken 2015 for Mac by entering into the field "Did we miss your favorite feature/' here:
    http://intuitquicken.zuberance.com/reviewV2/start/92868615
    This is the surest way for them to see your request. The field may appear small but you can type in quite a bit.
    Take the time to also vote on any of the listed features that intuit is considering.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Michael B said:

Mike B

Thanks for the reminder smayer97.  I filled out the form as I did several months ago.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Michael B said:

Mike B

I submitted a request to correct the problem that occurs when the "Buy Bonds" view is used.  Something is definitely wrong when the face values of the bonds change so dramatically in the portfolio.  It is impossible to get an accurate evaluation of the portfolio when the bond cannot be accurately identified and the face value is way off.  The bond needs to be identified by the cusip number.
  • mvitulli
    mvitulli Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Michael B said:

Mike B

The bug is still there. I have made numerous requests.  Bond info also downloads incorrectly from both Fidelity and Edward Jones.  Q2015 just doesn't handle investments well.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2016
    Michael B said:

Mike B

New updates apparently have corrected the problem.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    The bug may have re-appeared in Quicken Deluxe 2017 for windows. When I enter 8000 as the bond quantity, it displays and calculates it as if I entered 80,000.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    I am using Quicken 2016 Premier running under Windows 10 and have never seen the above form when buying bonds.  Is this a 2017 revised form?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited July 2018
    This problem has existed for many years, and it would be nice if Quicken fixed it. Win 10, Quicken 2016.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    pblonk said:

The bug may have re-appeared in Quicken Deluxe 2017 for windows. When I enter 8000 as the bond quantity, it displays and calculates it as if I entered 80,000.

Windows question on Mac post. Moving to individual Windows thread for increased visibility.Please reference the new conversation here: Entering Bonds, display and calculation is incorrect.
  • Quicken Sarah
    edited January 2018
    Dave G said:

I am using Quicken 2016 Premier running under Windows 10 and have never seen the above form when buying bonds.  Is this a 2017 revised form?

Windows question on Mac post. Moving to individual Windows thread for increased visibility. Please reference the new conversation here: Entering Bonds, display and calculation is incorrect.
  • Quicken Sarah
    edited January 2018

This problem has existed for many years, and it would be nice if Quicken fixed it. Win 10, Quicken 2016.

Windows question on Mac post. Moving to individual Windows thread for increased visibility. Please reference the new conversation here: Entering Bonds, display and calculation is incorrect.
This discussion has been closed.