6 years of stock splits discovered by Quicken this morning

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken sudden presents me with 8 stock splits over the last 6 years, most of which were already applied, two of which are facetious (1:1). I'm just taking a screen shot and ignoring these. These are from two brokerages, E*Trade and Charles Schwab. Last few times this happened, it took a very long while for Quicken to stop suggesting I incorporate these erroneous split transactions.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I certainly have had that happen too, exactly as you describe, and have never figured out the "why?"  Since I'm confident that all my stock splits are correctly entered I've just learned to ignore the warning and move on.
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Likewise. Once you tell Q to ignore them they should not pop up again.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Vetta said:

My sequence to ignoring them is to uncheck them from the list, then click the 'Accept' or 'OK' or 'Done' button (however it is labeled).  For that sequence, I do not see the same splits being offered later.  Results with other sequences, such as just closing the pop-up window, my be different.  I have not explored and cross-checked all the possibilities.  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    These appear to often come from a discrepancy of a day or 2 between the split date in Quicken's quote data vs. the FI's date. I also sometimes have to fiddle with the price history to get it to align properly with the split date.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Vetta
    Vetta Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Vetta said:

Just closing the window postpones the issue but won't eliminate it. Those same splits will reappear in subsequent downloads until either accepted or deleted. Of course, you can always keep closing that window and ignore them forever but that invites irritation.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Vetta said:

It's a feature! ;-) 
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018

These appear to often come from a discrepancy of a day or 2 between the split date in Quicken's quote data vs. the FI's date. I also sometimes have to fiddle with the price history to get it to align properly with the split date.

I'll look later. But this happens at least every year in the past few. And this is the first time I've seen 8 splits over 6 years, most all of which I remember addressing in previous years. None are recent.

I've read elsewhere that there is a third-party company that provides the split information to Quicken and that we should blame them. As it has become a regular "feature" of my use of Quicken, I'm not about to care if it's a third-party whom Quicken is using. Practically, I find this to be another problem with Quicken.

I also read I might suppress these errant split notifications if I turn of the downloading of quotes. Fine, but then I'd have to watch the stock prices independently and Quicken becomes not very useful to me.
This discussion has been closed.