Export YTD Returns

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
How do I export a list of securities with YTD returns. I can't find a single report that has this, the reports are not very customizable, and I don't see any other way to export anything.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Amounts...or percentages?

And what version of Quicken?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Select Reports->Investing->Investment Performance, choose Year to date in the Date range: pull-down menu.  If you would like the report organized by security, select Security in the Subtotal by: pull-down-menu.  If you want to export the report, select Export.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Or in the Investing/Portfolio views, you can set up the columns and sorting/grouping order you want, go to File/Print portfolio and select the desired format in Export to: If you choose the .PRN format and then save it with a CSV extension, you will have a comma delimited file suitable for opening in Excel.

The "Excel compatible" Tab delimited format forces you to go through the text file import wizard.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018

Or in the Investing/Portfolio views, you can set up the columns and sorting/grouping order you want, go to File/Print portfolio and select the desired format in Export to: If you choose the .PRN format and then save it with a CSV extension, you will have a comma delimited file suitable for opening in Excel.

The "Excel compatible" Tab delimited format forces you to go through the text file import wizard.

Worked!
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Sherlock said:

Select Reports->Investing->Investment Performance, choose Year to date in the Date range: pull-down menu.  If you would like the report organized by security, select Security in the Subtotal by: pull-down-menu.  If you want to export the report, select Export.

I had tried this but that report only shows me transactions that have occurred this year.  I'm perplexed as to why it's showing me transactions instead of performance data.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sherlock said:

It sounds like you are looking at the Investment Transactions report rather than Investment Performance.

But I'm pleased to hear the method described below works for you.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    Sherlock said:

yes, it looks like it should be called Investment Transactions but I am selecting Investment Performance.  Oh well, got what I needed!
This discussion has been closed.